Humax FVP-5000T recording problem

lindadoodie56

Only 11 month old, had problems from the start, was advised to factory reset twice, now fitted a attenuator, seems better with the breaking up etc but now won't record keeps saying HDD full!! But it's not got 98 hrs left, how do i clear the hard drive? Any help appreciated. Humax are rubbish they don't want to know it's still under warranty but won't even reply to me.

We can't guess which model you have, so cannot offer any specific advice without further information.

(NB: thread was not originally posted on FVP-5000T section)

Last edited:
Only 11 month old, had problems from the start, was advised to factory reset twice, now fitted a attenuator, seems better with the breaking up etc but now won't record keeps saying HDD full!! But it's not got 98 hrs left, how do i clear the hard drive? Any help appreciated. Humax are rubbish they don't want to know it's still under warranty but won't even reply to me.
You really need to tell us which Humax model of PVR you have please? In the past I have found that phoning them is a more effective way of getting them to do something than email.

The model is a Humax FVP-5000T, I have rung team know how they suggested the attenuator. But not I haven't asked about the not recording part.

It is a FVP-5000T

It is a FVP-5000T
Then your thread should have been posted in the FVP-5000T section of the forum, not "Other Humax Products". Moderators: please move.

As to your problem: it could be that a file system error has rendered the HDD "read only". Unfortunately, with a FVP-5000T, there is no remedy other than to reformat the HDD (and thus lose your existing recordings). Perhaps someone can suggest how to preserve existing recordings before reformatting.

Last edited:
Not sure if this is the right place but my problem is that I don't have any programme information apart from the one that's on at that moment so it's impossible to set the recorder more than a programme before. I used to set the whole week ahead but that's now impossible.

Try rebooting ( switch off, wait a few minutes then on again) to see if the problem persists. If so maybe just set a small number of imminent timers manually with known channel, start and stop times etc. See if manual recording works.

Last edited:
By rebooting I think you mean power down from the remote or the on box button, wait for the disk to go silent, switch off at the mains, wait a few minutes, and then turn back on. Just going in and out of standby (which a novice might assume is meant) probably won't clear the problem.

Back