Humax HDR-1000S iPlayer Issues

S

snowy66

Hi,

I have the Humax HDR-1000S 1TB Freesat box. Since upgrading to firmware version: UKSFAA 2.01.05 update date 11th June 2014.

I have been having problems with getting BBC Iplayer to work on the device the first setup page appears but when I press the red button to go into BBC Iplayer the device just constantly says loading. ( as shown in the attached photo)

I have had the device replaced by my retailer so I am quite sure that this is a software issue.

I have restored the device to factory defaults and tried different internet connections to no avail.

I was just wondering if anyone on here has come across this issue to? If so how did they go about fixing it?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    750 KB · Views: 3
There are no guarantees that the problem, if related to the firmware update at all, are not at least split between the firmware update and the Humax servers and/or the BBC.

There are no guarantees that the problem, if related to the firmware update at all, are not at least split between the firmware update and the Humax servers and/or the BBC.

Hi,

Thanks for the response,

The reason I have stated that I believe it is a firmware issue is because BBC Iplayer worked ok yesterday morning on an earlier firmware version the issue only occurs when the device runs the above software version quoted in my initial post.

Do you have any other suggestions what could be causing this issue?

Many thanks.

This may be relevant: on the HDR-FOX there are two different iPlayer portals according to whether the user has 1.02.xx firmware or 1.03.xx firmware. The BBC serves different interfaces according to the software support at the client end. It seems possible that there is nothing wrong with your firmware update, just that the previous firmware is still accessing the old iPlayer portal (which is working) and the new firmware accesses the new portal (which isn't). The iPlayer radio section no longer works on HDR-FOX using the old portal.

This may be relevant: on the HDR-FOX there are two different iPlayer portals according to whether the user has 1.02.xx firmware or 1.03.xx firmware. The BBC serves different interfaces according to the software support at the client end. It seems possible that there is nothing wrong with your firmware update, just that the previous firmware is still accessing the old iPlayer portal (which is working) and the new firmware accesses the new portal (which isn't). The iPlayer radio section no longer works on HDR-FOX using the old portal.

Hi,

Thanks for the response,

Is there anyway I can get the latest version of BBC iplayer installed on the device? Or who could the issue be resolved with using the new firmware.

Thanks.

The new portal is not "installed", only the mechanisms which access it. The BBC servers provide it on demand. If my hunch is correct, it is simply a glitch in the BBC servers or the Humax servers (which sit in the middle). Check this: with your old firmware (and old portal), does the radio player work?

Hi,

I can't see any option for the BBC Iplayer radio looking on the internet it appears that its been removed? All I get now when I try and access Iplayer is a black screen.

Ok, so if I access BBC ipalyer through the on demand option on the main menu it will load fine but if I try 901 it will not load.

I can't see any option for the BBC Iplayer radio looking on the internet it appears that its been removed?
Please understand that what you access as BBC iPlayer via a normal web browser is not the same as the BBC iPlayer accessed via a smart TV or a set-top box. Radio has been split out of the web browser iPlayer into its own service for some time.

My bad is that I had not twigged that we were talking about the iPlayer service accessed via a channel number on the satellite system. What I have been saying about the HDR-FOX applies to the Humax TV Portal apps, and the radio section is still accessible through the BBC iPlayer app - but does not work on the old system.

Only a guess, but if you are saying that the BBC iPlayer is not working when accessed through the IPTV channel number, it could be that you need to retune your services to resync them - this happens on Freeview sometimes when service allocations get shuffled around.

I noticed today that 901 is not working and sits with the loading message.

Via either the Home > On-demand route and backwards EPG all function correctly.
This is nothing to do with the June firmware update however.

The content, if it appears, comes from the BBC servers.
Likely a problem with the transmitted data that loads the page via this route.

Hi,

Just to update anyone who is following this thread. I have contact BBC iPlayer support who advised that the currently the 901 channel will not work on the Humax device as it is a freetime device but it will work fine using the on demand menu. They advise that they are currently working on fixing the issue.

Not fully correct, it does work on the HB-1000S but not on the HDR-1010S and the HDR-1010s.
Hopefully the HD-1000S will still work on 901 after they fix the HDR-10x0S problem.

This is the response received:

I believe the Humax HDR-1000S 1TB is a Freesat Freetime device. Currently you cannot access iPlayer via the red button and sounds like we have a bug in that area. I believe we are looking to improve this soon so stay tuned. Of course, you can access BBC iPlayer via the onDemand area.

Back