HUMAX HDR-1100S E010

Symon

My HUMAX-HDR1100S appeared to develop a fault last week resulting in the "SOFTWARE UPDATE" screen being displayed subsequent to the identification of the "Error: E010 - INVALID SIGN" message on the boot screen. I appreciate that OTA updates are no longer delivered for these HUMAX boxes, so... I obtained the current firmware file (hdr1000s_upgrade.hdf) from the HUMAX Support web site (uk.humaxdigital.com/support/?product_id=2639&curr_page=sw_release). When I follow the instructions, the firmware appears to be read from the USB stick when I boot the box. However, when "Total Progress" reaches 49%, things just stop and the "[E010] INVALID SIGN" is displayed again at the bottom of the screen which is then followed by "Press the STANDBY button to restart the system."

Unfortunately, pressing "STANDBY" just results in returning to the "SOFTWARE UPDATE" screen. Is there any resolution to this E010 Error (e.g. a method of installing new bootloader/BIOS to resolve potential corruption)?

I have attached the image of the issue encountered when the software update via USB reaches 49% and stops.

Attachments

• HDR-1100s-E010.jpg
    HDR-1100s-E010.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 5
What could "INVALID SIGN" mean? Invalid negative value... or invalid signature?!! It seems to me the flash memory has gone faulty and is reading back not the same as what was written, therefore integrity checks (checksum or signature, a typical thing to do in power-on self-test) fail.

The corrective action would be to re-flash the firmware to overcome a soft fault, but if there is a hard fault the re-flash process will also fail.

If it is a hard fault in the flash, that's not good news.

Back