Humax looses sound and picture goes pink.

Well you obviously don't trust this guy :-

Joseph D. Cornwall, CTS, ISF-C, DSCE, ROI

and saw fit to doubt what he said, turns out he wasn't putting career on the line by lying to us after all

Bottom line, He was right and you was wrong

Who he? I suppose you believe everything you read on the Internet? There are plenty of sources on the Internet which will claim God exists.

My biggest mistake was completely over-estimating HDMI. I had not realised it is so rooted in analogue video that basically it's a digital version of the same, including blanking periods and sync. That means the HDMI source has to generate timing, when in reality the (modern digital) TV is going to be reading the data into a buffer and ignoring the timing stuff. HDMI could have been data-agnostic, simply providing a high-bandwidth transmission path by aggregating the data capacity of three synchronous (or four asynchronous) channels.

No, I do not take anecdotal information as gospel. It has to be backed up by authenticatable data.

I suppose you believe everything you read on the Internet?
I had the advantage of already knowing that each TMDS pair was dedicated to a colour group before I was forced to prove my statement by finding the picture in post #11, it was used to confirm the fact as I couldn't fine the original document I had read

Back