1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Humaxrw - Can I edit the name in hre files for recovered recordings?

Discussion in 'PVR-9200 Freeview Recorder' started by Jackfruit1000, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Jackfruit1000

Jackfruit1000 New Member

Hello,

I recently recovered a number of files from my 9200 by use of the humaxrw software. There's a thread all about it on the digitalspy forum HERE.

Anyway, the humax seems fine now, but I'm left with a large number of files all named "Recovered unknown - TS2HRW".

As an experiment, I edited an hre file, and put the actual programme name in instead. I was careful to overwrite the exact same number of characters (27), but the recording now has a load of spaces and random characters in it.

Is there a way to edit the hre file successfully, so that I can transfer the recording titles without having to reinput them using the painstaking edit mode in the Humax?

Thanks.

2. xyz321

xyz321 Well-Known Member

The usual way to do this is to rename the .ts file before using ts2hrw. The filename format should be similar to that used when extracting a file in normal (non-recover) mode. This will only affect the recording list, it will not change the 'info' display.

"YYYYMMDD HHMM Programme title.ts"

It should also work with the alternative format (which I think is used by one of the USB transfer programs):

"NNN_YYYYmmmDD_HHMM_Programme title.ts" where NNN is any 3 digit number (discarded) and mmm is a 3 letter month.

3. Jackfruit1000

Jackfruit1000 New Member

Thanks, that was exactly the info I needed!

I had renamed the files, but only with the programme title, and not with the date and time.

Am I right in thinking you're the person who created the humaxrw and ts2hrw software?

If so, could I suggest that you put a comment into the README.txt file that comes with them, explaining that this is what you need to do. I think it could be useful to other people as well.

Thanks again.

4. xyz321

xyz321 Well-Known Member

I will add it to my to do list.