HumaxRW on HDR-Fox-T2

antipodean

I see there is a humaxrw package in the CF, having now got my 'new' hummy set up. Will this read a 9200T disc connected to the US|B port (assuming appropriate hardware)? If so it will make transferring the files from the 9200 much easier than having to go through a PC.

I did do a search but after going through a number og pages of search results can't see any instructions for package use.

TIA

If your desire is to get the recordings on to the HDR-FOX T2 then what it does is to make it a 1 step process.

When using the HDR-FOX T2 you will need to telnet in. This is stated on the http://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Custom_Firmware_Package_Notes#Humaxrw.

It is a line command utility. There are plenty of examples of using it on a PC on various forums, mainly supplied by Martin Liddle.
For the difference when using the HDR-FOX T2 (Linux ) see
https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/old-drive-to-new-recorder.3636/#post-43296

If you are not happy to try line commands the there is a PC GUI version.
https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/9300-transfers.166/#post-3280

Last edited:
I see there is a humaxrw package in the CF, having now got my 'new' hummy set up. Will this read a 9200T disc connected to the USB port (assuming appropriate hardware)? If so it will make transferring the files from the 9200 much easier than having to go through a PC.
Yes and yes.

Hmm, all is not going to plan.

I think the problem is humaxrw thinks the disk in the HDR-Fox-T2 is write protected, and it stops on the first file I try to copy.

It is not stated anywhere, but I assume telnet is set up with the 'current directory' as the /media/video directory, but there is no command listed to show what the current directory is.

When I try and run it this is what I get ...

Code:
 11: Fri 07/10/16 21:00  0:59:57 New: The Level - ITV
12: Wed 12/10/16 20:55  1:04:56 New: Aberfan: The Yo - ITV
13: Fri 14/10/16 19:55  1:04:56 New: Cars That Made  - Channel 5
14: Fri 14/10/16 21:00  0:59:58 New: The Level - ITV
15: Mon 17/10/16 00:05  1:14:57 Hitler: The Rise and - More 4
16: Mon 17/10/16 20:00  0:59:37 FIA World Rally Cham - Channel 5+1
17: Wed 19/10/16 20:00  1:04:57 Little British Isles - Channel 4
18: Wed 19/10/16 22:40  0:39:57 A Question of Sport - BBC ONE Oxford
19: Thu 20/10/16 20:55  1:04:58 The Apprentice - BBC ONE Oxford
20: Thu 20/10/16 22:00  0:34:57 The Apprentice: You' - BBC TWO
21: Fri 21/10/16 19:55  1:04:57 New: Cars That Made  - Channel 5
22: Fri 21/10/16 19:55  0:39:56 New: Countrywise: Gu - ITV
23: Fri 21/10/16 21:00  0:59:56 New: The Level - ITV
24: Fri 21/10/16 22:00  1:05:06 New: Britain's Great - Channel 5+1
25: Sat 22/10/16 21:00  0:59:56 New: Tony Robinson:  - More 4
26: Sat 22/10/16 22:00  1:34:57 F1 US GP Qualifying  - Channel 4
Free Space: 148.1 GB
humax2# humaxrw -g11-27 /dev/sdb
11: 20161007 2100  0:59:57 New: The Level - ITV
Copying av file...
20161007 2100 New: The Level.ts: Read-only file system

Where is the directory humax2 located? Is it writable?

humax2 is the machine name.

But I have it figured out, after using ls (remembered from a play with linux far too many moons ago) I realised that it was defaulting to the root directory.

Eventually worked out how to cd to the correct place and copying now underway.

pwd = Print Working Directory (as a very quick google for UNIX commands would have revealed).

It is not stated anywhere, but I assume telnet is set up with the 'current directory' as the /media/video directory, but there is no command listed to show what the current directory is.
You may wish to read this: https://hummy.tv/forum/posts/92978
and the relevant previous posts for what file to put the contents in and where.
That gives you a much nicer command line environment to work in.

You may wish to read this: https://hummy.tv/forum/posts/92978
and the relevant previous posts for what file to put the contents in and where.
That gives you a much nicer command line environment to work in.

I did manage to find my way to '/media/My video' and put the files there. They have downloaded happily, now I find that they need converting from 188 byte to 192 byte format to generate the sidecar files.. I remember seeing something about doing this conversion, but can't find it now.

Code:
humax# ffmpeg -i filename.ts -vcodec copy -acodec copy -scodec copy filename.m2ts
Then rename the .ts to something else and rename the .m2ts to .ts
Then you can run sidecar and, if successful, delete the something else file.
Once you've done that you can mess about with hmt if you feel like setting dates/times and EPG stuff properly.
That last bit really is a lot of faff.
It really needs automating, but I've never needed to do enough of it to make it worth while.

Once you've done that you can mess about with hmt if you feel like setting dates/times and EPG stuff properly.
That last bit really is a lot of faff.
It really needs automating, but I've never needed to do enough of it to make it worth while.
I should have sonething which will do this. I will look for it later today.

OK, thanks prpr.

I'll wait a day or so and see what xyz123 comes up with. I have a dozen or so files I transferred, so could do with automating if possible.

TIA

When I copied .ts files from my 9200 to my T2, I had the problem with the sidecar files and the 188/192 business. I just left them as .ts files as copied and they play OK. Not certain about the stuff that's supposed to be in the sidecar files, but the files just play OK.

OK, thanks prpr.

I'll wait a day or so and see what xyz123 comes up with. I have a dozen or so files I transferred, so could do with automating if possible.

TIA
Apologies for the delay, it was a bit rough around the edges. It should be ready tonight after more testing and bug fixes.

I have sent the new package hrwconv to af123 for inclusion in the repository.

I recommend creating a new directory and moving your existing 9200T files and their sidecars in there. It will not make any changes to the originals but will create new files so you will need to ensure that you have ebough free disk space.

After installing the package change directory 'cd' to that directory and then run:
Code:
hrwconv *.ts
After a few hours it should be done and will have created a subdirectory 'new' where all the new files will have been created.

The credit for this must go to raydon and the ffpmeg guys, my contribution is minimal.

Well, that has been pretty painless, around 1:40 to deal with 13 files.

Biggest hassle is needing to keep telnet open, but that has worked out OK.

Again, much appreciation to those who have done the packages the script is built around, and to xyz123 for arranging the script. It has made the conversion process real painless.

I'll distribute the various files around their appropriate folders today (sunday) and we will be a bunch of happy bunnies.

Duty dunce here.
Trying to convert some files from 9200 to T2 format. A couple of the files are in the folder W:\media\My Video\Imported\UnearthingWW1\20141209 2100 Unearthing WW1.ts (and one more) on the T2. I also have other folders within \Imported\ which I can do once I find out how to do it.
I have fired up Telnet and:
cli
open FoxT2
FoxT2# cd Media
cd "My Video" (with or without quotes) generates the error /bin/sh: cd: can't cd to my video.
So basically, I'm stuck not being able to CD to "media\My Video\Imported\UnearthingWW1" to run the hrwconv command at.

So a bit stuck ATM. Help please.
PS the .ts files have no sidecar files.

media should be lower case and My Video capitalised as you have it in the command (but not in the error message for some reason). You probably need a leading / as the shell starts in /mod.

You can always press tab to get the shell to automatically complete the pathname for you.

cd /med<press tab>/My<press tab>V<press tab>
cd Im<press tab>

Back