I seem to have 3 deleted folders

Robti

I let my son into my box via webif and now I have 3 delete folders, dustbin, temporary deleted and deleted, I run undelete but don’t know what he has done if anything, any help is this right or can I delete anything ?
Thanks

Delete them. Which one really is the [Deleted Items] folder will get recreated (on reboot I think).

I know but he was off school and asked me what I was doing when I was on the web if page, thanks will delete them and fingers crossed the right one or ones come back

Okay I have reinstalled webif and my packages which include undelete and I renamed this folder to dustbin, I then deleted a couple of files and the dustbin folder appears after a reboot, but still no delete folder showing, is this correct ?
Thanks

The recycle bin is whatever you decide to call it in WebIF >> Settings >> Settings for undelete package. You can't just rename it something different in the file system and expect undelete to know what you have done.

Note there is a very good reason it should start with "[" - that makes sure the auto functions such as auto-decrypt or flatten ignore its contents.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply I kept the new name inside the brackets and in undelete setting it is shown as [Dustbin], I hope this is correct, so I can delete a file and it appears in my dustbin and everything looks okay but I still have no deleted folder

Thanks if you are all sure then I am happy to bow to those with superior knowledge in this and amit I’m thick when reading your replies, still it keeps you all on your toes when a newbie just jumps in.
Thanks again

Back