If it aint broke?

The link appears to be broken.

Why provide a separate index on the wiki? Why not link from the package descriptions?

Thanks to all for useful advice.

The second HDR Fox T2 did not live up to its description so is being returned. It did not look as good or perform as well as my current 6.5 year old model! I feel it may be quite difficult to source a good quality HDR Fox T2, from the usual sources.

As an alternative strategy I have purchased a new Sky 2TB 3D Anytime box. I will remove what I think will be a Hitatchi hard drive and have it available as a replacement drive, should there be a problem with my current Humax. I also intend to give it an internal spring clean, particularly the fan, and install the custom firmware. Hopefully this will extend its life until something just as good or better, comes along.

Yes, I forgot to turn if off after testing af123's new feature, I think it may have to stay off if it dissables the everyday use of these characters - link now working in #20

As an alternative strategy I have purchased a new Sky 2TB 3D Anytime box. I will remove what I think will be a Hitatchi hard drive and have it available as a replacement drive, should there be a problem with my current Humax. I also intend to give it an internal spring clean, particularly the fan, and install the custom firmware. Hopefully this will extend its life until something just as good or better, comes along.
Sounds like a plan. :)
While cleaning the Humax I'd just show it the Sky disc to make sure the connections, etc, are the same.

I use the fan package to run the fan at about half speed continuously and this keeps the temperature relatively constant at about 42 C
Same here. On both units the HD (500GB) temp seems to settle about 10-12C above ambient with the fan blowing air in as per the later V2 boxes and the DTR-T1000.

Back