iMito QX1

D

Deleted member 473

Anyone bought one of these? Or the MX2? They appear to have enough flash memory and RAM, unlike the Justop K9 sticks. No idea if they support all the catchup TV players, though.

I am tempted, but would not buy direct from China.

Edit: Why do I only see a black rectangle above?

If that's the same as the TV Catchup app on iOS, it is not "catch-up TV" at all - it provides the live channels by Internet stream.

Having installed TV Catchup on my Tablet some months ago and having not really used it since, I had forgotten that, as you say, it only appears to play live TV, even more misleading than the App's title is the Logo displayed below it i.e. "Never Miss a Show Again" :-

tv-catchup.png
BTW
It looks like ITV Player is available for Android Details HERE

BTW
It looks like ITV Player is available for Android Details HERE

All the players are available for Android. The trouble is, the broadcasters are slow in supporting platforms, and platforms are slow in supporting players, whether TVs, set top boxes (see Freeview), or Android platforms/iOS. Look at the mess with Flash, where first a player was supported on Android but not iOS, then on iOS but not Android, before being supported on both.

The Justop K9 has had a patchy support for players. BBC iPlayer is fine. Some others would play the adverts and then stop. One started fine but then said that the player was not available to play on a TV! Given I bought it to put catch-up on an older bedroom TV, without internet access, it was a big disappointment.

I have a Samsung ES8000 TV and it had all the players on it. I bought the evolution kit to bring it up to this year's specification. The Five player then didn't work for several months.

PS As a case in point, and following your link to the ITV player, it is available for all my devices except the K9. However, as I said above, even being available does not guarantee that it will run.

Back