Importing recordings made on an earlier Humax box

henrylaw

I had an FVP-5000T but I swapped it for an Aura because the old box wouldn't access UK ITV's catch-up service. Before the swap I exported a load of recordings to a USB-attached HDD. Now I have the Aura installed I'm trying to import the old recordings. (I had hoped to be able to attach the HDD to the Aura and have it see them directly; vain hope, so FTP from another device seems to be the only option).

There are four files for each recording: .hjm, .hjtsm, .nts and .ts. I FTP'd one set to Recordings/Upload but the Aura still sees no recordings. Have I done something wrong, or failed to do something right?

I had an FVP-5000T but I swapped it for an Aura because the old box wouldn't access UK ITV's catch-up service. Before the swap I exported a load of recordings to a USB-attached HDD. Now I have the Aura installed I'm trying to import the old recordings. (I had hoped to be able to attach the HDD to the Aura and have it see them directly; vain hope, so FTP from another device seems to be the only option).
You could play them from the USB device by plugging into the Aura and installing the VLC app.
There are four files for each recording: .hjm, .hjtsm, .nts and .ts. I FTP'd one set to Recordings/Upload but the Aura still sees no recordings. Have I done something wrong, or failed to do something right?
I think you only need the .ts file for the Aura. Which directory did you copy them to?

You could play them from the USB device by plugging into the Aura and installing the VLC app.
I tried that just now. VLC can see the files but if I try to play the .ts one it gives a black screen for about ten seconds then returns to the browse screen. That's similar to what VLC did on the PC when I tried it with the same USB HDD.

I suppose it's because the .ts files are encrypted.

Unfortunately I didn't convert to SD on exporting and I no longer have the old box (it was swapped) so I think I'm snookered.

Thank you for all the help.

Don't think you can "convert to SD" on the 5000T. If you saved HiDef from the 5000T to an attached USB drive they won't be decrypted. Unfortunately no one has invested the time and effort into cracking the encryption key for 1800T/2000T and 4000T/5000T models (I gave it a go for the 2000T and got nowhere. Haven't even tried for 5000T). The only way I could find to save HiDef files for the 5000T was incredibly difficult https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/a-method-for-saving-hidef-recordings-on-the-5000t-difficult.10239/ and requires the original box. So I think you are well snookered.

Back