Improvements to webif auto-expire.

af123

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure if it is good form to reply to old threads, but... are you still considering these features, please?

I would like to add my request for expiring based on the number of files in a dir, not just how old they are.

I record several series for my daughter, so she has things to watch when there's nothing on live. I don't want to keep more than the last 6, say of each series. But I don't want any less than that, either.

With the current auto-expire, if I set it to 6 days, it will do what I want until that series stops, and then it will slowly empty that dir until there are none left, right?

So, either having a "number of programmes" option, or perhaps sticking with days, but allowing a "leave at least X progs behind option"? or both? :)

thanks much indeed.

This has finally made it to the top of the list. I've been playing around with a new settings screen for this feature. I'm not exactly happy with the layout and words yet but does this look like it would do what you want?

autoexp.png

Any comments on the wording/options from anyone?

I finished the work for this last night. I have some more testing to do but if it all goes well I expect to push out an update this evening.

I've tweaked the settings pane a bit. In particular, I wanted to make it clear that the selected metric for the date of recording is used for both removal after X days and when trimming the number of recordings to a specified number. Please comment if it isn't obvious/doesn't make sense and you have any suggestions on the layout or wording, thanks.

autoexp2.png

I think it's pretty clear.

One point: should you tell people what to do if they don't want to use "keep at least"? i.e. should it be left blank, or set to zero, or...?

oh, one other (general) question: what's the interaction between auto-expire and auto-dedupe? Is there a rule that runs one before the other?

One point: should you tell people what to do if they don't want to use "keep at least"? i.e. should it be left blank, or set to zero, or...?

Zero or left blank.

oh, one other (general) question: what's the interaction between auto-expire and auto-dedupe? Is there a rule that runs one before the other?

Yes, the order is: decrypt dedup shrink mpg mp3 expire
with the additional caveat that shrink will be deferred until after decryption if necessary.

Back