Incorrect Recording Naming

Brian Norman

Newbie here.
Firstly, many thanks to Raydon and Nowster for a fantastic bit of work. Merry christmas to you both.
Yesterday I recorded Indiana Jones - and the temple of Doom. Today I recorded Indian Jones - The Last Crusade. I did select series recording to get them all.
When I check the recordings on my FOXSAT everything is fine - the two recordings have been put in the same folder with the correct names/times etc.
However, when I browse using the WebIf or Filezilla I get incorrect names (note the recording dates)
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom_20151223_1344
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom_20151222_1344
The FOXSAT puts them in the same folder 'Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom' as I flagged it to record the series.
Now the timestamp allows me to sort this out after I FTP them to my PC so I'm not too bothered by it but thought I should mention it in case anyone knows why/how to fix it.

Custom Firmware : v 4.1.3 + Nowsters patch
Web Interface : v 2.88
Filezilla 3.14.1
LightFTP emabled on the box.

Thanks for any help.

The file names are not the same as the media list title. The media list title is held in a data file (the .hmt), which is part of the set which comprises a complete recording (the actual video and audio streams are in the .ts file, the other files contain metadata).

The WebIF presents the actual name of the file in the file system, you can then click on it to get some of the metadata. The name of the file is whatever the Humax decided to make it, and it seems to me that if the Indiana Jones films are being screened as a series, what it has actually done is retain the name from the first programme as the name for the whole series, and just appended the recording time-stamp for the individual episodes in the series.

I expect you will find this is normal for series recordings, but for "normal" series it would be less obvious because you expect all the programmes to have the same title.

If you want the file names to be correct, record each film as an individual recording rather than as a series (or, alternatively, use the renaming option on the WebIF to correct it).

Yeah, I had a look in the hmt file - same name as appears in webIf/filezilla. Ok. Well, at least I know what to expect with series recordings. Many thanks for the response.

Yeah, I had a look in the hmt file - same name as appears in webIf/filezilla. Ok. Well, at least I know what to expect with series recordings. Many thanks for the response.

Same thing happened when ITV showed a series of James Bond movies. All the films had the same name as the first in the series.

Yeah, it's understandable if you record a TV series like Masterchef - but, hey ho... I use VideoRedo to trim the recordings so I get to see which film is what and can rename them later.
Merry Christmas everyone - I think this thread isn't going any further now.

Back