Installation menu options not available

mr-b

Hi

A friend is having an issue accessing various system menu options e.g. Installation, Signal Detection options are all greyed out and unselectable.
My Hummy (though it is running custom firmware) prompts with a password before accessing various setup options but my friend does not see this.
I checked the docs and searched the forum to no avail. How can he unlock his setup options?

Any ideas?

A friend is having an issue accessing various system menu options e.g. Installation, Signal Detection options are all greyed out and unselectable.
That happens to most of us from time to time.

Usually the cause is that either a programming is recording, or a programme is expected to start recording very soon.

The first thing to do is therefore check the recording schedule.

Yes, the hummy is busy (or soon will be busy) doing a task which the greyed out options would conflict with. If they remain greyed out despite there being nothing on the cards, only then is there any need to panic.

Sorry for late response. Yes that was a "doh!" from me when I found out he had a recording active, though it had never actually happened to me.
Tx all!

Back