Instant Recording & Accurate Recording

jaxmajor486

I don't very often use instant recording (i.e. just press record when you spot a live programme that you want to record), but often I get caught out by missing the end of the programme (just did for last night's Deja Vu... how appropriate is that!).
I would have assumed the default end or through the selection of "End of <prog name>" would have made use of the transmitted AR information for the programme end, but it appears that it doesn't, it just uses the scheduled end time.
Is there a way to set AR end, or do I just need to remember to extend the manual end time

do I just need to remember to extend the manual end time
Yes. Instant Recording only goes up to the scheduled programme end – no AR and no padding. IIRC there's nothing can be done about it, other than to manually adjust the recording to end after the next programme (with the menu which appears on another press of the record button).

Presuming you don't want to switch away from the channel, a work-around might be to wait until the end of the programme and then wind back to the start of the TSR buffer and press record. After a few minutes the TSR buffer will have been transferred to a recording (I think) up to the live point without breaking at the programme end, and it has to be stopped manually.

All three of my Humaxes allow a ten minute extension of an instant recording by pressing record again. Does the FOX do the same?

All three of my Humaxes allow a ten minute extension of an instant recording by pressing record again. Does the FOX do the same?
Actually, yes! I hadn't spotted that before (using the function so rarely).

While recording, pressing the Record button again produces three options:
  1. Use right/left buttons to add/subtract multiples of 10 mins to the scheduled end of the current programme;

2. Scheduled end of current programme;

3. Scheduled end of next programme.

Back