iPlayer

Umpa

I might have this wrong, but is there [could you at one time] download the most recent program watched on iplayer ?
I seem to remember using this once upon a time, but for the life of me cant find it in the menu.

Regards

Umpa..

It is possible if you have the custom firmware installed, there is also a fairly new custom firmware package called youtube-dl that will download iplayer content

The built-in option is at :- Browse Media Files >> (scroll to the bottom of this screen) >> Save Last Streamed Content

Last edited:
Thanks for the info
In the meantime I have found it. Its on the browse media menu [save last streamed content]
Its been a long time since I have pulled the webif up, it had changed from how I remembered it, along with a poor memory lol.
I only pulled it up becasue my box had crashed.

In the meantime I have found it. Its on the browse media menu [save last streamed content]

That doesn't work on HD-FOX unless you boot it into "HDR Mode" (a CF facility). Are you sure you are talking HD-FOX? If not, you have posted in the wrong section (update: now moved).

Last edited:
That doesn't work on HD-FOX unless you boot it into "HDR Mode" (a CF facility). Are you sure you are talking HD-FOX? If not, you have posted in the wrong section.
It would not suprise me if I had posted this in the wrong section, I am getting better thoug - I did not realise there were so many closly named devices - I need to slow down a bit.

I have installed the youtube_dl package, and I actually got it to work.... Do you think eventually it will be a simpler process where I just click a button, paste in a link, close the browser down and thats my job done ?

Do you think eventually it will be a simpler process where I just click a button, paste in a link, close the browser down and thats my job done ?
I have suggested something similar, it would be nice to have a GUI form with just a box to fill in and some options to tick. A problem is that a GUI would need updating any time the service itself got updated.

It would help people like me, for sure !
I hope the devs do it, it seems a logical step.

There's no harm in being encouraged to learn a bit more about what you are doing, instead of being handed everything on a plate!

There's no harm in being encouraged to learn a bit more about what you are doing, instead of being handed everything on a plate!
True, then again I regard the PVR is regarded more of an appliance than a computer, there is more then me uses it in the household. Now't wrong with making it a little easier ?

I have suggested something similar, it would be nice to have a GUI form with just a box to fill in and some options to tick. A problem is that a GUI would need updating any time the service itself got updated.
I have thought about creating a Qtube package which would queue the downloads for processing by the auto processing,
Unfortunately the queue currently assumes it is always handling .ts recordings

I have thought about creating a Qtube package which would queue the downloads for processing by the auto processing,
Unfortunately the queue currently assumes it is always handling .ts recordings
Best I have done is to open multiple instances of the webif cli and had it download multiple videos at once. That worked ok, still have to leave the windows open and still had to use the CLI, :(

Not if you buffer the session with abduco, as described.
Yeah I read that, not got around to playing with it yet. Small steps for a small mind :) Not even sure how to say abduco, make you wonder why they name things like that. lol

Back