Is anyone using the Foxsat HDR outside of the UK?

R&J

Hi there.

Greetings from The Netherlands! I am using the custom firmware, prior to this the time displayed in the EPG was the time in the UK. It is now displaying the time here in the Netherlands, which is causing havoc with my recordings ... and, the box seems to have no option to set the time. Previously it was not connected via an ethernet connection, so I wonder if it is picking the time off my network? Is anyone else using the custom firmware abroad and had the same problem?

R&J

Do you by any chance have Nowsters patch installed. If you do there is a later version that resolves the problem. It came to light at the change to BST and affected everyone with the patch installed.

How would I know if I have the Nowsters patch? It doesn't display in the list of available, or installed packages. I did a factory reset, and still the same thing - my local time is displaying.

R&J

How would I know if I have the Nowsters patch? It doesn't display in the list of available, or installed packages. I did a factory reset, and still the same thing - my local time is displaying.

R&J

It's not part of the available packages. If you have it you will have installed it directly from usb, not via the webif.

Where you are or your internet connection won't make any difference.

It's not part of the available packages. If you have it you will have installed it directly from usb, not via the webif.

Where you are or your internet connection won't make any difference.

Interestingly, if I telnet to it .. and type date, then it comes back with the UK time :/

Just run this command from telnet to install the fixed patch.
Code:
opkg install http://www.nowster.org.uk/humax/settop-patch_4.0.9utc_mips.opk
Strange that you do not recall installing the earlier version which was the cause the clock problem. Before you enter the above command try entering opkg list-installed and see if settop-patch is listed, and what version it is.​

Just run this command from telnet to install the fixed patch.
Strange that you do not recall installing the earlier version which was the cause the clock problem. Before you enter the above command try entering opkg list-installed and see if settop-patch is listed, and what version it is.

YEAY :frantic:
Issue fixed after installing the updated version of the patch, thank you everyone for all your help!!

R&J

Back