Is foxy compatible with HDR2000T

ALIEN1X

a) Hi is the soft ware Foxy compatible with HDR200T?

b) Will it allow me to export SD and HD recordings onto USB hardrive and be able to convert them to .ts file?

c) Can I edit unwanted scenes on a recording ?

d) The unit has no ariel loop thru or out so how do I connect the Ariel if I want to use the tuner on HDR and TV while its recording?

You are asking of the same favour in two different places for questions a) and b) and c). If you get answers in both places then that means that someone has wasted their time answering you.

Regarding d) either you are not use to modern equipment or you are using old software from 2013.
The default mode on modern equipment is that power used during normal stand-by is very small. One way that the HDR-2000T can achieve this is by default not to pass the aerial signal through, but that can be changed once installed.
Check your software version, and also check that you have changed the default for power consumption in standby so that it passes the signal through all the time. But to answer your question, even on the old 2013 software while recording in stand-by the signal did pass through, it was when it wasn't recording and in stand-by that the 2013 software did not pass the signal through.

Edit: multiple typos

Last edited:

b) Will it allow me to export SD and HD recordings onto USB hardrive and be able to convert them to .ts file?

c) Can I edit unwanted scenes on a recording ?

d) The unit has no ariel loop thru or out so how do I connect the Ariel if I want to use the tuner on HDR and TV while its recording?

a Yes
b Yes HD requires Foxy, no conversion necessary .ts (transport stream) is the native recording container.
c Fit a dirt cheap aerial splitter, it saves the energy cost of powering the loop through amplifier. In any case even with loop through enabled the 2000T causes issues with watching live TV when it wakes to make a recording. The splitter avoids the problem.

Many thanks for the reply.

I have not purchased the HDR2000t yet until I know that it will serve my purpose when I ditch the old non HD Topfield 5800pvr.

In terms of item C) What I wanted to know is if the recorded content can be edited buy cutting some scenes out that not be suitable for family viewing should that occur? Iike you can on the old non HD Topfield 5800 pvr?

As far as using an Ariel splitter, think I need some direction hear as there appears to be so many various types with different connections.
I hope to use the HDR2000 as PVR only and the TV for viewing live broadcast as the in built PVR on the Samsung KS9000 has limited facility compared to a dedicated PVR. So if I buy a splitter the cable from the Ariel goes to spliter input and the 2 outputs form the spliter go to each device aerial input ? And I Assume its go to be all F connectors m/f?

Last edited:
Something after this style is what you want if you don't want to have to change the cabling plugs. You can get them in B&Q etc as well, but don't spend half a queens ransom at Currys for a super duper gold plated version that they would likely try to sell you. Main thing is to get a metal cased one, not plastic.

In terms of item C) What I wanted to know is if the recorded content can be edited buy cutting some scenes out that not be suitable for family viewing should that occur? Iike you can on the old non HD Topfield 5800 pvr?
It can be edited on a PC but not on the box. The only Humax HD capable box with editing capability is the onsolete but still capable HDR-FOX T2 with the custom firmware.
So if I buy a splitter the cable from the Ariel goes to spliter input and the 2 outputs form the spliter go to each device aerial input ?
Correct
And I Assume its go to be all F connectors m/f?
It doesn't have to be F connectors; whatever suits your current cabling system is fine.

Many thanks for the reply.

I have not purchased the HDR2000t yet until I know that it will serve my purpose when I ditch the old non HD Topfield 5800pvr.

As far as using an Ariel splitter, think I need some direction hear as there appears to be so many various types with different connections.
I hope to use the HDR2000 as PVR only and the TV for viewing live broadcast as the in built PVR on the Samsung KS9000 has limited facility compared to a dedicated PVR. So if I buy a splitter the cable from the Ariel goes to spliter input and the 2 outputs form the spliter go to each device aerial input ? And I Assume its go to be all F connectors m/f?

As the files are standard transport stream files they can be edited by software that recognises the container. For HD software you need to be sure it will work with AVC/H264 compressed content. The ideal software is the VideoRedo H264 version of TVsuite. F connectors are just a more modern version of the old fashioned Belling Lee 75ohm coax connectors. You can usually freely convert or just swap the connectors. F connectors are much easier to fit properly than Belling Lee incidentally.

http://www.aerialsandtv.com/ampsandsplitters.html#Splitters

Instead of just reiterating the same stock answers, I specifically created chapter and verse posts that anyone can direct people at - but it seems that it's only me who does so.

Decryption Guide (click)

In any case even with loop through enabled the 2000T causes issues with watching live TV when it wakes to make a recording. The splitter avoids the problem.
I an aware that Faust has reported that but that does not occur with me. I get no interference when the HDR-2000T changes state with power saving off. I only get the few seconds drop out when the HDR-2000T changes state with power saving on and I'm also forcing a strong signal through regardless.

I an aware that Faust has reported that but that does not occur with me. I get no interference when the HDR-2000T changes state with power saving off. I only get the few seconds drop out when the HDR-2000T changes state with power saving on and I'm also forcing a strong signal through regardless.

That was the issue I was referring to.

That was the issue I was referring to.
You what? Yes I know that. That was why I was adding my comment to your comment. I.e. it was about the same issue but I had my own comment to add.

I.e. I do not get the issue and I have not been able to replicate the issue when power saving is off, even on weak channels.

You what? Yes I know that. That was why I was adding my comment to your comment. I.e. it was about the same issue but I had my own comment to add.

I.e. I do not get the issue and I have not been able to replicate the issue when power saving is off, even on weak channels.

The short loss of RF loopthrough you mention in low power sby is exactly the problem. Not sure why weak channels are mentioned. Imagine recording on a smart TV or chained pvr when the flawed implementation on the 2000T wakes to make a scheduled recording. The fact is that unlike other Humax pvrs the 2000T cannot maintain the rf loopthrough while meeting the sub 0.5W energy requirements. I did not make any reference to anyone else's other posts. A simple splitter allows the box to use the 0.5W sby mode without any of the issues arising from the flawed late implementation of low power sby. Have you measured the power requirement of the 2000T to maintain rf loopthtrough with low power sby disabled compared to the other Humax boxes like the HDR FOX T2. At a guess you might be surprised as to the extra power required ?

Back