Issues with recording

TillyJones

I have several issues started within last 2 weeks
1. I can programme to record on current day, but if I programme series or individual programme for day in future, the planned programme disappears from schedule and doesn't record.
2. when I go into to replay recorded programmes the list shows programmes already watched and deleted as well as new programmes. doesn't reinstate the recording but shows the label for it - when I open recording it has no data just shows name of programme and date of recording. so showing dates back to 21st Dec

any ideas?

thanks all I had done factory reset couple of days ago, with no luck, and tried the unplugging with no luck. but tried factory reset again yesterday after turning off and it seems to have worked

There is something odd about the 5000T (and probably the 4000T). Once it gets confused - and that's easily done by pushing too many buttons on the remote, usually after a frustrating delay in anything happening - it seems to limit what you can do. For example, often when mine gets confused, the channel up/down button (my favourite for channel surfing) stops working. I can directly enter channels (eg. press 101) and that works. To restore full functionality either unplugging, factory reset or both is required. Problem is that can screw up various settings and delete the schedule. I now try not to confuse the poor thing!

There is something odd about the 5000T (and probably the 4000T). Once it gets confused - and that's easily done by pushing too many buttons on the remote, usually after a frustrating delay in anything happening - it seems to limit what you can do. For example, often when mine gets confused, the channel up/down button (my favourite for channel surfing) stops working. I can directly enter channels (eg. press 101) and that works. To restore full functionality either unplugging, factory reset or both is required. Problem is that can screw up various settings and delete the schedule. I now try not to confuse the poor thing!
it is a little elderly, but so far today it's behaving. thank you

Back