ITV HD disappears when using tunefix

When I do a full retune of my HDR-FOX T2, the ITV HD channel appears in the list of channels. If I then reset the device and let my tunefix settings take effect, the ITV HD channel disappears from the EPG. I've tried giving it a couple of different channel numbers in tunefix but it remains missing. Can anyone suggest what's going wrong? If it matters, I'm receiving my signal from Sandy Heath and the other channels on the PSB3/BBCB multiplex are all still there. It's just ITV HD that's missing. With Euro 2020 coming up, I'd really like to be able to watch in HD. Many thanks.

Which version of Tunefix do you have installed?

What, if anything, do you have the Tunefix setting "Preferred Region" set to in the WebIf?
I've tried giving it a couple of different channel numbers in tunefix but it remains missing.
Adjusting Tunefix won't in itself bring a deleted channel back.
Once deleted you will have to retune to get it back, and then you can check whether any other adjustments have worked

I've made a bit of progress, I think.
On a retune, ITV HD appears as channel 103.
By not assigning anything else to 103 in tunefix, ITV HD has now appeared at the channel number I gave it (which, incidentally, is 11).
When ITV HD was disappearing, I'd assigned BBC FOUR to 103. It's like BBC FOUR was taking channel 103 before ITV HD had been moved from 103, and ITV HD was therefore lost.
What's weird is that I've done similar with other channels and numbers without issue. Perhaps it's something to do with the order in which the reassignments are made?
Anyway, hopefully ITV HD will remain on my channel guide now, so long as I leave a gap at 103!

Perhaps it's something to do with the order in which the reassignments are made?
Absolutely. I've had a lot of difficulty with the order things happen in, which there is no precise control over. If you want to know exactly what's happening, look at the raw tunefix.conf file that the WebIF GUI creates from your settings.

You can write the .conf file yourself without using the GUI to build it, but it will get rewritten into the preferred execution order regardless of what order you would wish the commands to execute in. There are also commands available through the .conf which are not available using the GUI.

For details, see the tunefix thread (click).

The bottom line is there are so many things which could go wrong (maybe not immediately, but in the future as things get shuffled by the broadcasters), I see little point in reassigning LCNs.

Thanks. I've put my tunefix settings back to how they were and the problem with ITV HD hasn't come back. I'll keep an eye on it and if it reoccurs, I'll grab the files you've asked for and send them across. What would be the best way to get a copy of the channel.db file? I can view it using the Database Viewer but not sure how get a copy of it. Many thanks.

Last edited:
What would be the best way to get a copy of the channel.db file?
I don't know really - there are lots of possibilities, and my 'best' might not be yours, as I don't know what your skill level is with such things or what device/OS you're using to access the HDR. It's a shame the WebIf doesn't have a simple way to do things like this really.
Perhaps the easiest way is to use the Hidden Settings Menu and the Copy DB to USB option.
I've put my tunefix settings back to how they were
If you could at least send me those (as they were when you had the problem) then that would help, as I could rule it out as being something generic (or maybe there really is a problem).
I tried these both ways round last night, just to be sure, and it all worked as expected:
FORCE|11|ITV HD
FORCE|103|BBC FOUR

I presume you're happy to lose Sky Arts which is normally on LCN 11.

Thanks for your reply.
If you could at least send me those (as they were when you had the problem)
I do apologise, I've gone on to make a whole load of further changes this morning to tidy up my EPG, so I don't have a copy of the files as they were when there was an issue (unless they're archived somewhere on the device??). As soon as it happens again (hopefullly it won't), I'll takes copies and send them to you.

I presume you're happy to lose Sky Arts which is normally on LCN 11.
I've moved that elsewhere, but I don't think I've ever watched it, so if it disappeared it wouldn't be the end of the world!

What would be the best way to get a copy of the channel.db file?
Copy the file onto PC (or whatever) using FTP, SMB, or NFS, then zip it and rename the zip to .txt for attaching to a post or PM.

FTP: Needs root access so the Humax native FTP server isn't suitable. Install the betaftpd package (CF) and ensure the native server is turned off: Menu >> Settings >> System >> Internet Settings. Use Filezilla at the PC end.​
SMB: Install the samba package, then the HDR-FOX shows up as a network drive in Windows so long as SMB1 is enabled, not just SMB3.​
NFS: Install the nfs-utils package, then the HDR-FOX shows up as a network drive in Mac/Linux.​

Any of the above then let you drag-n-drop files across systems.

Or copy to USB from the hidden service menu on the HDR-FOX: Menu >> Settings >> System >> System Information >> Red, Green, Yellow, Blue, Green, Yellow, Blue.

Back