ITV X does work on the Aura

MartinLiddle

Super Moderator
Staff member
There have been reports elsewhere that ITV X does not work on the Aura. These are incorrect and my experience was that the ITV app morphed into the ITV X app without me having to do anything and it does work.

There have been reports elsewhere that ITV X does not work on the Aura. These are incorrect and my experience was that the ITV app morphed into the ITV X app without me having to do anything and it does work.
I just tried on my Aura and.................................................

Clicking on the FreeviewPlay button shows ITVhub still in the menu but it links to ITV X, clicking on an episode there brings up "Something went wrong" "sorry, it looks like there is an issue with ITVX at our end. Please try again later."

Clicking on Home shows ITV X in the menu and then clicking on the same episode works fine, maybe this is why there are conflicting opinions.

Last edited:
Clicking on the FreeviewPlay button shows ITVhub still in the menu but it links to ITV X, clicking on an episode there brings up "Something went wrong" "sorry, it looks like there is an issue with ITVX at our end. Please try again later."

Clicking on Home shows ITV X in the menu and then clicking on the same episode works fine, maybe this is why there are conflicting opinions.
I suggest powering off the box and the trying again. A lot of the reported problems were due to people finding an ITVX app on PlayStore and installing it; however there are two versions of ITVX on the PlayStore and people with problems had installed the wrong version.

I suggest powering off the box and the trying again. A lot of the reported problems were due to people finding an ITVX app on PlayStore and installing it; however there are two versions of ITVX on the PlayStore and people with problems had installed the wrong version.
I had an email from ITV which said: "You don’t need to do anything - we’ll take care of it all for you. Your ITV Hub account will automatically switch to an ITVX account, and you won’t need to re-download the app."
The problem people may have is that their box hasn't downloaded the new version - eg. auto update disabled?
(Haven't actually checked ours yet as we rarely use ITV catch-up.)

Edit: Just been into our Aura, setting up recordings, and the app has now become itvx of is own accord, but I haven't tried it out.

I was curious about our Android Sony TV (about 3yo) but not only does it not have an ITV app preloaded, I can't even find it in the Play store. Curious - some sort of curating by someone I guess.

Last edited:
Itvx does not have the live/fast channels on humax aura

Itvx seems to of been rushed out
Why when the live/fast channels are available on every device and platform but not on my humax aura freeview play stb and the layout is far inferior to britbox layout

Back