ITV3 on LCN 788 and Mux D3&4

Luke

Well-Knwοn Мember
ITV3 has now appeared on Mux D3&4 for at least a few transmitters, presumably all of them.

Does anyone have any idea why it has been put on LCN 788 and not LCN 10 with the old SDN version moved to 788?
I'm presuming that Mux D3&4 will become its permanent home.

As an aside my HDR-FOX T2s had tunefix set up to delete 788, plus also HDR-FOX T2 versions 1.03.xx, at time of retuning, delete duplicate non-regionalised channels.
On my 1.03.06 HDR I had to adjust tunefix settings and also delete the old ITV3 so that neither the Humax nor tunefix deleted the new ITV3 where my reception is much better.
On my 1.02.20 HDR I now have both.

Last edited:
This has happened on Waltham. ITV3 on D3&4 multiplex, LCN 788.
I can only assume that the testing hasn't finished and that is why LCN 788 is used.
There is also room on D3&4 for another "service". So maybe they are going to wait until this has been introduced.

The D3&4 has been broadcast on an increasing number of transmitters over the past few weeks. It is today that not just DTT generic receivers have been able to tune into it but also freeview receivers.
Perhaps my question would have been better worded if I'd asked why make it visable now to freeview equipment rather than wait until it was redifined as the LCN 10 broadcast.
As it stands it is just gong to be confusing for some who retune before the LCNs are retagged.

Back