Joined File and DetectsAds

TimK2015

Hi Folks

I have a few 'split' films recorded from ITV4, ITV3 etc so I thought I might join the two parts together using the 'Join' button the WebIf. The two original parts have been processed by DetectAds 'on the fly' and are bookmarked at the end of the ad-breaks. The join went OK but although the joined file has a flag for DetectAds there no bookmarks in the file. If I try to add the file to the queue for 'DetectAds' to process it just says that it's already been done. I'm currently running DetectAds 'manually' and it says it's already been done but I clicked on 'Run analysis now'.

Just waiting to see what the results are -- this worked OK.

If it's not possible to transfer the bookmarks can I easily turn off the DetectAds flag so I can queue the file again?

Regards

TimK

Last edited:
If it's not possible to transfer the bookmarks can I easily turn off the DetectAds flag so I can queue the file again?
Unfortunately there is no menu option that will do the job

It could probably be done with a Sweeper rule but I am not sure how you would write a rule that identified Joined files

It can be done from a telnet command line
Code:
hmt -detectads  "recording file"

I will try to add a reset option to the DetectAds menu but my time for coding is very limited at the moment

Just tried another join and noticed the 'read failure' halfway through the report. Again no bookmarks in the joined file although it looks as though 'Join' is finding them.

Does this shed any light on the problem?

Code:
(/mod/bin/nicesplice -in {/media/My Video/Films (SD)/ABC/Bank Job_20180122_2205}
-in {/media/My Video/Films (SD)/ABC/Bank Job_20180122_2308}
-out {/media/My Video/Films (SD)/ABC/Bank Job_20180122})
Found bookmark at - 54
Found bookmark at - 1442 Found bookmark at - 2766
Found bookmark at - 3717
progLen = 3717s, 4 bookmarks, HD = 0
Read 92901 entries from nts
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Read failure/EOF within frame 92882 skipping rest of file
Read 107942 entries from nts
Found bookmark at - 33
Found bookmark at - 1218
Found bookmark at - 3010
Found bookmark at - 4320
progLen = 4320s, 4 bookmarks, HD = 0
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Wrote 200824 entries to /media/My Video/Films (SD)/ABC/Bank Job_20180122.
Stripped 0 packets (0k) of EPG data New Program Length = 8032s now shrunk Time taken: 164.538

Nice splice doesn't attempt to copy bookmarks to the output file :(

It isn't a problem - it is missing function, while it would be nice to have I doubt that Drutt (author of nicesplice) or I will have time in the near future

The simplest short term solution would be to add the hmt -detectads command to the end of the join processing so that the output doesn't show as having been ad detected
The join processing (specifically /mod/webif/html/browse/join/execute.jim) is part of the webif so hopefully af123 will be able to do the necessary

BTW are you aware that if you select (red button) multiple recordings via the remote control and then press play the Humax will play them back to back giving the visual appearance of joining without losing Bookmarks and without needing to create a new file.

You learn something new every day . . .

BTW are you aware that if you select (red button) multiple recordings via the remote control and then press play the Humax will play them back to back giving the visual appearance of joining without losing Bookmarks and without needing to create a new file.

Thanks

Back