Jubilees

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
Hope you're all have a good weekend planned.
Personally I can't say I'm "into" street parties! I will carry on pretty much business as usual, with an eye on the TV for today's fly-past (because I happen not to be elsewhere).

Times were different for the Silver: I was on a family holiday in Cornwall (we always had our holiday at Whit Week, it was cheaper), and my dad was a semi-pro conjuror / children's entertainer and did a couple of bookings while we were down there.

Might put R5LSX on and listen to Test Match, or might not .No parties here. Unlike the cabinet office with crates of wine delivered. Oops!

Anyone know how long "Platinum" has been a thing? Silver, Ruby, Gold, Diamond are traditions I'm aware of, but it feels like Platinum has been coined to plug a gap... or perhaps it was obscure because the 70th year of anything is pretty rare. So what about the 75th? It seems to me there are plenty of organisations (as opposed to people) who will have reached a 75th anniversary.

Wikipedia only gives references to a platinum anniversary as recently as 2008.

Maybe the appropriate gift for a 70th anniversary is a fountain pen!

Didn't you use a Platignum pen in your youth? We were required to use a fountain pen at school.

Didn't you use a Platignum pen in your youth? We were required to use a fountain pen at school.
Yes to both.
Pens which sucked up ink from a bottle could be used to project it as well. A gift for the chaos makers. God knows how there wasn't a lot more mess than there was.

Possibly at infants and junior, but not at the comprehensive. Not sure it was compulsory. I do remember it being messy. I also remember Quink ink. I still have bottle that I bought many years ago when I was a postgrad. Why? A phase I went through, probably.

Back