Just a big THANK YOU!

clemenzina

I have to tell you the tale...

Everything went wrong in quick succession... First the Audio system, then the TV, then the Hummy* :( All in the thick of Covid-19 lockdown :eek:

The audio I decided to live without, the TV was replaced with a cheapo smart one (as there are no new plasmas) and it's amazingly acceptable, and the Hummy with a new-secondhand 2TB at inexcusable expense because I cannot live with the Humax FVP, it just sits waiting for me to need Netflix once in a blue moon, and now a smart TV has made it virtually redundant.

It has taken me weeks to complete the Custom Firmware installation/configuration - only due to busy-ness, upheavals, impatience and mental debility, but this morning it's completed and I am levitating.

The dedication and altruism of the Hummy CF team has once again been brought home to me, I am so very grateful to you all. Thank you.

*My 1TB Hummy had been needing weeding for some time, what with all the "I ought to watch this educational programme" stuff built up over the years, and when the TV broke down I think the hard drive may have overflowed because I forgot to switch off to prevent continuing recordings, that went on for about 10 days. Anyway, I can only get the Humax logo onscreen, and logistics prevent me from trying to fix it in the near future.

Back