Keep old recordings for external Foxsat HDR playback?

esmonde

It's been a long time since I followed this forum on my old Humax Foxsat HDR and I've forgotten how things used to work. I’d like to keep my old Humax Foxsat HDR recordings and set up a new hard drive for future programmes. I have an external eSata HD dock. Can I just move the almost full 1TB internal hard drive to this dock, setup and format a new 1TB internal drive and have the ability to create new recordings and playback my old ones from the external USB dock? If you can point me to a step by step tutorial that would be fantastic. Thanks!

Can I just move the almost full 1TB internal hard drive to this dock, setup and format a new 1TB internal drive and have the ability to create new recordings and playback my old ones from the external USB dock?
In my view the answer is probably yes, and there would be little risk in giving it a go (except the cost of a new HDD). Perhaps a Foxsat owner can confirm.

You will be aware (I hope) that unless you have installed "Nowster's Patch" the recorded HiDef contents are encrypted and only playable on the same Foxsat.

Thanks 'Black Hole'! Yes, I did some reading and discovered the news about Nowster's Patch. But I have no plans to install any network hacks and I'll just be playing my older recordings back through the same Foxsat HDR box. I'll have to pull the box out, but I'm pretty sure I did some kind of eSATA extension connector way back in the distant past. But, I. have to say that patch is very attractive, and I may be tempted sometime in the future.

Back