Lazy Remote

Hope N

My trusty Foxsat is working fine, but the remote plays up. Various buttons only work on 2nd or 3rd firm press, and the volume control keeps going entirely n/f. Is there any way the remote can be opened up, without damage, to enable a de-fluff and general clean?
(I bought a cheap, so-called replacement via ebay, but it has no 'schedule' button, an irrelevant 'tv portal' button, and several other buttons are relocated.

Errm, yes it does. Not the same package as the T2, since the inner workings of the T2 are completely different, but it does have an IR package used by the Web Interface for the browser based remote offered by the WebIf.
In which case, the OP might be interested in tablet/smart-phone control of his Foxsat rather than try to repair his handset.

So, no it doesn't, and technically I was right to the question as posed. "An" is not "the" and there is no package called ir.
Whether it was the right question or not is another matter.
Wow! Ok, sure, the "ir" executable for the Foxsat is included in the "remote-control" package which is a Foxsat WebIf plug-in. I must apologise, I thought this forum was meant to be helpful, I didn't realise it was just here to teach people about English grammar. Silly me.

I answered the question in the, obviously misguided, belief that what @Black Hole really meant (trying to actually be helpful to the OP!) was "does the Foxsat WebIf have a browser based remote control capability" - to which the answer is "yes, it does". I'll know better in future.

Wow! Ok, sure, the "ir" executable for the Foxsat is included in the "remote-control" package which is a Foxsat WebIf plug-in. I must apologise, I thought this forum was meant to be helpful, I didn't realise it was just here to teach people about English grammar. Silly me.

I answered the question in the, obviously misguided, belief that what @Black Hole really meant (trying to actually be helpful to the OP!) was "does the Foxsat WebIf have a browser based remote control capability" - to which the answer is "yes, it does". I'll know better in future.

And it has a very useful macro recording capability to assign a command sequence to a single command button within the web interface remote window. eg Instant display of the cached epg using just two commands .

Schedule - Red .

Back