You can go back and edit the offending post ("Edit" link, bottom left of the post), for the benefit of subsequent readers. It is also etiquette to click the "Like" link on any post you find particularly valuable (bottom right of the post, next to "+Quote" and "Reply").

[I know this will receive derision, but newcomers don't seem to "get it".]

Why should it receive derision? Just telling it as it should be. If more people would use the Reply button rather than unnecessarily quoting other posts, the forum would be quite a bit tidier.
Go on then, give me derision as well. I don't care.

I think you mean they should selectively edit the quoted post that you get by clicking Reply! Replying without a quote only takes composing it in the post editor at the bottom of the screen, but then you risk somebody else getting in first and your meaning becoming disjointed (plenty of times I have had to go back and edit in a quote afterwards, because my posts can take a long time to write!).

You can go back and edit the offending post ("Edit" link, bottom left of the post), for the benefit of subsequent readers. It is also etiquette to click the "Like" link on any post you find particularly valuable (bottom right of the post, next to "+Quote" and "Reply").

[I know this will receive derision, but newcomers don't seem to "get it".]

I don't like "Like" buttons. I'd rather someone took the time to reply and visibly say thanks.

I think you mean they should selectively edit the quoted post that you get by clicking Reply! Replying without a quote only takes composing it in the post editor at the bottom of the screen, .
I know what I mean and it was exactly wot you sed. And what I meant was 'Post Reply' button. I only quoted you to prevent my reply become disjointed.:) You could always learn to type faster ;=)

Do the maths, how is it wrong? Example raydon posts = 585, likes = 145, 585/145 = 4.0344
Nothing wrong with the sums, but the lower the number, the better. A much better method would be a percentage. So with the same example, 145/585*100 = 24.8% and mine would be 137/1452*100=9.6%. No we are in the realms of the larger the number 'the better'. Far more logical as you can instantly see that raydon is better at picking up likes than I am. Perhaps that's something to do with the fact that his contributions are of much higher value than my idle drivellings :)
Apart from that, WTF is all this got to do with recording to a DVD. Surely someone will hive me a 'like' for that?

Back