Linux/Bash(?) help please

Had to run ./myepg.sh in /mod and it worked fine
As myepg.sh was resident in /mod, and you cd'd into /mod, that's exactly where I expected you were trying to run it and that's what ./ means (run the command resident in the current directory). What else were you trying to do?

Using the full path /mod/myepg.sh would also work from anywhere
I agree, but...
I did as... suggested in post 8 and created/copied myepg.sh to /MOD but am getting the following:
Code:
HumaxTwo# ls                                                                                                                                          
bin          core         img          lib          myepg.sh     screensaver  ssl          var
boot         etc          include      monitor      sbin         share        tmp          webif
HumaxTwo# myepg.sh                                                                                                                                    
/bin/sh: myepg.sh: not found                                                                                                                          
HumaxTwo# /mod/myepg.sh                                                                                                                               
/bin/sh: /mod/myepg.sh: not found
How do we explain that?

Just lazy I guess ;)
Gee, thanks... I answered the question you asked! :rolleyes:

Oh , so the script file was edited on another system (eg Windows) then transferred to the humax but neglected to convert CRLF stuff before trying to use it on the humax (Linux).

If a file has windows line ending Linux does not recognize it as an executable file
Misleading. The file is not "not found", it's "not executable".

Oh , so the script file was edited on another system (eg Windows) then transferred to the humax but neglected to convert CRLF stuff before trying to use it on the humax (Linux).
It would have been so much easier to create the file in WebIF >> Diagnostics >> File Editor!

I think this shows the problem:
Code:
humax /tmp # ./junk
humax /tmp # unix2dos junk
humax /tmp # ./junk
/mod/bin/busybox/sh: ./junk: not found
humax /tmp # bash
humax /tmp 1 ./junk
bash: ./junk: /bin/sh^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory
It's trying to execute /bin/sh^M due to the carriage return on the end of the line. It's a very poor error message though as you get the same one if you mis-type the script name for example.

I made another version of the patch which incorporates the following additional changes...
  • Added 'system' channel groups (TV, Radio etc.).
  • Fixed long standing bug where the time now cursor would appear on top of an opened programme dialog box.
  • Fixed long standing bug where the time now cursor would stay in the same vertical position when the search area was expanded.
  • Removed the genre colour bars - IMO they made the table look too cluttered.
  • Removed the clock - most web clients will already have a clock somewhere on screen.
  • Removed the jump buttons - they were not that useful, especially in EPG scrolling mode.
I will post it, if anyone is interested.

I think this is the best version of the patch yet and agree with your removals, there are however a couple of formatting problems on Microsoft Edge and Chrome:
All images full screen, zoom 100%

Firefox OK
1701710479312.png
MS edge, Text and box edge overlaps
1701710648645.png
Chrome, Text and box edge overlaps
1701710808693.png
I don't believe the Channel group box should be within the EPG search box - it is not related to searching instead it should be a separate box, right aligned, on the same line with the heading 'Channel group' in the box border (similar to EPG search)
This would reduce the horizontal space needed and reduce likelihood of overlaps.

You could also delete below from "Click down arrow below for more options" it seems unneeded and it would be better if the text aligned with button position.

you could move it to /mod/bin/ which is in the search path and would remove the need for a path prefix
For completion - I did as suggested (and removed the extension .sh) and it worked perfectly. I now go into CLI and just type myepg. Thank you all for your help, patience and insights :thumbsup:

Back