Linux will read files but not play.

diode84

Hello Everyone and
I have a foxsat hdr with raydons v4.09 firmware. In xp using network places I can read and play files on the pc with vlc but cant under linux. I am using puppy tahr 605 and yassm, I can read the files but not play or copy to pc. I get the error message access denied.
Has anyone any ideas what is going on. I am loathed to put on the latest firmware until I can sort this out
Thanks
diode84

If you can do what you want in Windows, it isn't a Foxsat problem so there is no risk in updating the custom firmware.

May I suggest you add "Linux" to the topic title, to make it more descriptive of the actual problem?

Thanks Black Hole
When I start client program yassm, it asks for username and password before I mount the hummy.
What is the default username and password for it.
Also how can I edit the title of my thread as edit doesnt give me the option.

Aha! More info for somebody to respond to.

Also how can I edit the title of my thread as edit doesnt give me the option.
Click the "More options" button at the bottom of the edit window. See next post.

Last edited:
When I start client program yassm, it asks for username and password before I mount the hummy.
I don't have a Foxsat, but I get something similar with VLC on iOS accessing HDR-FOX and I have never worked out what it wants (not that I have tried very hard).

I don't have a Foxsat, but I get something similar with VLC on iOS accessing HDR-FOX and I have never worked out what it wants (not that I have tried very hard).
Its a long time ago that I got xp to work on foxsat and I do remember problems but have forgotten exactly what. I think it may have had something to do with mapping network drive in xp. Dont realy understand what this is and also can you do it in linux and how if it is possible.

I can read and play files on the pc with vlc but cant under linux. I am using puppy tahr 605 and yassm, I can read the files but not play or copy to pc. I get the error message access denied.
Has anyone any ideas what is going on.
It's Samba 2 incompatibility. I've posted about it before, but nobody really seemed to want to discuss it.
https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/samba-woes.6086/
https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/mounting-humaxs-samba-share-in-ubuntu-help-please.6783/

Does that mean switching to NFS is a solution for *nix? Not many people will be all that bothered about Samba incompatibility if there is an alternative that works.

On HDR-FOX CF we have the nfs-utils package for NFS networking, in addition to samba for SMB networking. I don't know whether the same applies to Foxsat-HDR CF.

Note that this is not the main support forum for Foxsat CF.

On HDR-FOX CF we have the nfs-utils package for NFS networking, in addition to samba for SMB networking. I don't know whether the same applies to Foxsat-HDR CF.

Note that this is not the main support forum for Foxsat CF.
Thanks. What is the main support forum for foxsat hdr. I have tried avforums but got no reply yet

It's AVF, but the 'main supporter' of the foxsat on AVF 'main support' thread is/was raydon and he hasn't been around for ages now either there or here.
Thanks Trev, I am sure some where I saw it was possible to put on different components of Raydons firmware, like stopping hummy recording files encrypted.

like stopping hummy recording files encrypted.
That's not raydons, it's nowter's patch. It does not decrypt anything, but as you say, stops them being encrypted in the first place. Search AVF, if not, I have a copy that I can dropbox for you tomorrow.

That's not raydons, it's nowter's patch. It does not decrypt anything, but as you say, stops them being encrypted in the first place. Search AVF, if not, I have a copy that I can dropbox for you tomorrow.
There is a link to it in the Foxsat-HDR custom firmware sub forum.

Yes please Trev but I am not sure what dropbox is.

Back