Living in fear...

wiab4355

Hello all

Loving my 2 x T2s, both remotes working the correct boxes etc. Recently the tv remote went bye-bye, bought a new one off ebay, all good and works well, but now living in fear of one of my T2 remotes dying. If the one on code 1 goes, I believe that's an easy replacement, but if the remote on code 4 dies, what happens then?

Yours, worrying needlessly

Ian

There are plenty of options for replacing a handset, including universals such as Logitech Harmony and the custom firmware virtual remote.

Thanks for the quick reply. I assume that something like the Logitech Harmony (and maybe the One For All) has six different codes for the T2?

You don't know what a learning remote is then. You program the buttons by letting it "see" what an existing remote is sending out. As long as you have any Humax Remote, you can set it to mode 4 and program a learning remote.

Another line of attack is a "JP1" remote, such as some One4Alls. These have a serial programming interface (intended for manufacturers' use), which has been hacked so there is a community for JP1 programming.

Hello all

Loving my 2 x T2s, both remotes working the correct boxes etc. Recently the tv remote went bye-bye, bought a new one off ebay, all good and works well, but now living in fear of one of my T2 remotes dying. If the one on code 1 goes, I believe that's an easy replacement, but if the remote on code 4 dies, what happens then?

Yours, worrying needlessly

Ian
Why don’t you buy a replacement RM-F04?

BH - I misunderstood the code thing. So I recode the code 1 remote to code 4, program the learning remote button by button (!!!!) which should then be able to operate.......................................

Brian - bit pricey?

Another line of attack is a "JP1" remote, such as some One4Alls. These have a serial programming interface (intended for manufacturers' use), which has been hacked so there is a community for JP1 programming.
That's the theory. I have an old O4A which is reaching the buttons not working stage. That used the JP1 interface and was extremely useful. The new O4A I bought claims a JP1 interface, but I can't get it working. :( Something has changed in the interface and I've not got around to ploughing through all the community bumph to work out what it is.

living in fear of one of my T2 remotes dying. If the one on code 1 goes, I believe that's an easy replacement, but if the remote on code 4 dies, what happens then?
Your post #11 suggests that both your remotes are RM-F04s.
If the they are both RM-F04s, and if the remote currently set to 4 gets run over by a bus, and if you can't find another RMF04 to replace, then permanently set the surviving RM-F04 to code 4 and it won't matter whether or not the new replacement remote is stick on code 1 or not.

But then again, why use mode 4? Mode 2 is more universally supported.
My point was that if you have 2 HDR-FOX T2s in the same room that you only need to have changed the mode on one of the remotes, and the choice of which to change is not cast in stone. Just because you started off changing the mode on 1 FOX/RM-F04 pair doesn't restrict you from continuing to use that pair for the non-mode 1. You do not then have to have both remotes changed both mode 1. I was just using 4 as an example as wiab4355 is what he has in his current setup.

I have 2 T2s and the upstairs one is fine but the downstairs one ...
Are they still in different rooms, or you still have a FOXSAT in one of the rooms?

Last edited:
Back