Loader versions

prpr

With three known loader versions...
I've got units with .30, .31 and .33 and there's also the aforementioned .34 so that obviously makes four. The .30 one is the one I'm about to blow away. Can it be backed up first?

I don't have .31, just the others.
Yes, it can be backed up - use dd to copy /dev/mtd3 somewhere. There's some extra work required to get that into a .hdf format (which I don't fully remember) partly because/dev/mtd3 contains more than just the loader including your hardware address and serial number.

There's some extra work required to get that into a .hdf format (which I don't fully remember)
It's not that difficult to replicate ;). You just need the first 696028 bytes, call it the right thing and input into humidify. I've got a full set now!
Interesting that the last 40k or so is an image - the same in all, not surprisingly.

Mine are all different sizes - can you send me .31 please so I can complete my set?

Mine are all different sizes
Your what? The raw from /dev/mtd3 or the .hdf files? The former are the same, but the latter different because they are compressed.
The raw ones all end in the same place at 696028 with 40668 of what I presume is the startup image, although it's only (a strange) 470x220.
can you send me .31 please so I can complete my set?
Uploaded to your FTP.

Last edited:
40668 of what I presume is the startup image,
Yes, that's the splash screen. It's a 3 frame JPG, same in all of the versions.

Code:
JPEG image data, JFIF standard 1.02, resolution (DPI), density 72x72, segment length 16, Exif Standard: [TIFF image data, big-endian, direntries=7, orientation=upper-left, xresolution=98, yresolution=106, resolutionunit=2, software=Adobe Photoshop CS4 Windows, datetime=2009:08:31 13:51:32], baseline, precision 8, 470x220, frames 3

Back