Losing my memory?

moosey

Hi,

I have two HDR boxes, both running CF 3.13. The following problem only appears on one box, the other is fine.

So, we have had some retunes required recently (on Hannington Tx) and one box is now refusing to remember the COM7 mux / Ch 55.
After a rescan the mux and its channels are present. Fine. However, after switching off (or rather to standby) for any length of time and then switching the unit back on the Com7 mux and its channels have disappeared. I have tried a full power off at the mains and then a restart but the problem is still there, just on this one box.

At the moment, if I want to watch any of these channels I have to manually scan Ch55 each time I switch the box on, which is not ideal.

Any thoughts on this before I start to remove the CF and go back to a factory fresh machine?

Thanks,

Peter

Last edited:
See the end of this thread for a similar problem

Do you have Tunefix installed? You need to check the configuration file to see if there is anything that is causing that mux to be deleted
Post the file here if you need further help

Okay, removing Tunefix cures the problem.

I've had a look in /mod/boot/tunefix.conf using the File Editor on the WebIf Diagnostics page and can see nothing about removing a whole mux, just particular channels.

However, xinit.log does contain something about Com78:

Attachments

• xinit.log.txt
    3.1 KB · Views: 5
Can you send me your tuning database /var/lib/humaxtv/channel.db (zip it).

How many regions can you receive? Is it more than one? You have a preferred region set to 'Berks & North Hant' which may not be necessary.

I'm only receiving one transmitter (Hannington) but that does give two options for Basingstoke or Reading.

I'll get the .db after lunch!

Thanks

I'll get the .db after lunch!
Thanks. Obviously you need to make sure all the wanted channels are there.
I'm not sure I understand the distinction between Basingstoke and Reading though. Where do you see this? What differences do you see if you select one or the other?

The Reading/Basingstoke choice is presented after the full channel scan. The only difference is in the local channel "That's TV" on LCN7. You can select whichever local channel you want to see. The selected one goes on LCN 7 and the other one gets put onto LCN 800.

How do you want the .db extracted? The only simple way I can see is to use the Database Browser in WebIf/Diagnostics and save that page as an html. I'm not sure how else to extract that file.

Peter

Managed to extract the .db onto a USB stick and zip it up with 7zip. Here it is:

Attachments

• channel.zip
    8.4 KB · Views: 3
This is the screen I get after a full scan. It says "Multiple regions detected" but its all from the one transmitter at Hannington.

Attachments

• regions.jpg
    regions.jpg
    722.8 KB · Views: 15
Your database has PSB1-3, COM4-6 and 3 local muxes.
Can't see COM7, so you need to tune it in and send the .db again.

Hmm, I thought I had copied the database after the manual addition of the Com7 mux. Lets try again!

Attachments

• channel.zip
    10.4 KB · Views: 5
The bl**dy b*ggers have changed the network name for COM7 from "Com78 National" to "Com7 National".
I suppose with hindsight it's obvious...

Same problem, same fix.

Last edited:
we have had some retunes required recently (on Hannington Tx) and one box is now refusing to remember the COM7 mux / Ch 55.
You should have installed tunefix-update then. Then you wouldn't have needed a retune in the first place and this bug would have gone undiscovered for longer ;).
The only difference is in the local channel "That's TV" on LCN7. You can select whichever local channel you want to see. The selected one goes on LCN 7 and the other one gets put onto LCN 800.
Thanks for the info. Mercifully we only have one in the regions I frequent, so I had not come across this.
I thought I had copied the database after the manual addition of the Com7 mux. Lets try again!
Thanks. The raw database once again proves invaluable, resulting in a timely fix.

Thank you prpr, that seems to be working now. I was beginning to wonder why my other box was not afflicted by the same issue, but just switched it on and it was now the same with COM7 missing (was okay this morning). The WebIf said that the recording schedule had been restored, so something must have updated since this morning. Anyway, Tunefix 1.9.6 is now on both boxes and both are happy.

I do have tunefix-update installed on both, but both boxes were telling me yesterday on the EPG for CCXTV that a retune was required so I manually retuned both boxes.

Thanks!

both boxes were telling me yesterday on the EPG for CCXTV that a retune was required
It's difficult to keep up sometimes, especially at the moment. I don't look at ukdtt/rxtv_info every day, so wasn't aware that CCXTV and Hochanda have effectively swapped places on COM4 and COM5 until seeing your message.

It must be a bit of a nightmare with the amount of changes recently, and thanks again for the work you've put in to the Tunefix packages.

Back