Lost connectivity to HDR from PCs but HD OK

exH

I have an HD and HDR-FOX T2. The custom firmware has been working on both for years and are both at their latest releases.

Some time in the last couple of weeks I've lost connectivity to the web interfaces and telnet. The host is unreachable.

However. Both machines report they are up in their set IP addresses; They are booting into CF.

BUAnd I can stream content from the HDR onto the HD.

Is connection to Humax wired or wireless?
Try wired, if possible, to avoid any vagaries with wireless connection

Reactions: exH
Thanks everyone.

The two Humaxes were on ethernet over mains and so were still connected regardless of router status. The cable from router to mains network was dodgy.

The two Humaxes were on ethernet over mains and so were still connected regardless of router status.
It would have been helpful to tell us that before.

I use the same configuration. The HomePlugs set up a local network between themselves independent of any overall network they may be connected into, and then provide a delivery channel for external packets. Your home network can be completely down and the HomePlug network will carry on regardless, if the traffic is self-contained.

I find my HomePlugs sometimes refuse to communicate with the router (especially when stressed), and start working again if I reboot the one that is the router link. That includes, for example, trying to transfer a recording file to PC by FTP. There might not be anything actually wrong with your cable, it could be you were suffering from the same thing.

When the HomePlug network goes into "self contained" mode, I can tell because all my HDRs can see each other (DLNA or CF file share) but I can't access their WebIFs from my WiFi. Also, starting the TV Portal gets a "no Internet" message (after a while).

It would have been helpful to tell us that before.

Indeed. It would have been helpful to me to remember it too :) My home network is complicated; I forget what I've done most of the time.

I didn't twig that the fixed IP addresses they were on would work without the router. I assumed (doh!) they were both on the router network. If they weer on DHCP it might have been different.

Back