Lost picture settings on switch off

batteryman

Hi, appreciate any advice on this one. I have a PVR-9300T which works perfectly apart from one oddity. I set up the machine, tuned in and set the picture settings to 16:9 and 720P to get the best picture on my widescreen led tv. If I leave the unit switched on all is fine; if I put it in standby with the remote or switch off at the back, the settings are lost and it reverts to 4:3 and 576P.

I've tried a different front panel and it's fine with that. I noticed there's a small battery on the front panel pcb - is it likely the battery has failed and with no power the board won't hold the data?

This was my reply:

Hi, appreciate any advice on this one. I have a PVR-9300T which works perfectly apart from one oddity. I set up the machine, tuned in and set the picture settings to 16:9 and 720P to get the best picture on my widescreen led tv. If I leave the unit switched on all is fine; if I put it in standby with the remote or switch off at the back, the settings are lost and it reverts to 4:3 and 576P.
I've tried a different front panel and it's fine with that.
Can I check that I am understanding correctly: you change the front panel and settings are retained when power is turned off? It is a bit odd as I always thought the setting were held in flash RAM on the mother board.
I noticed there's a small battery on the front panel pcb - is it likely the battery has failed and with no power the board won't hold the data?
Are you sure it is a battery? I have never owned a 9300T so I don't know but the earlier 9200T has a large capacitor on the front panel to keep the clock chip working during periods when the power is off and I don't believe there were any data storage components on the front panel.

You may have made a very interesting discovery.

Back