Managing Favourites with WebIf?

Is it possible to manage the Humax Favourite Lists via WebIf?

From the remote handset, I've setup each box with its own Favourite list, renaming with it with OPT+ to reflect the boxs' identity.
It then shows up on the EPG once selected (and I force the default Favourite List No. with the boot-settings package).
However I'd now like to add an entry to this list remotely, anyways it would be useful to do ALL of this remotly if possible?

Take a look at WebIF >> Schedulde Events >> Backup/Restore. The manual and auto backups preserve Favourites, so it would not be beyond the wit of man to create a fake or modified backup file and restore from it.

It is strange that over the year nobody has got around to creating a nice favourites list editor for the webif.
It shouldn't be too hard to do but I already have too many incomplete items on my to do list.

Once Favourites are set up, and when the Backup/Restore works (as it almost completely does now), you just leave them until some possible minor tweak at the next re-tune. So there's no incentive to create an editor front-end beyond what the settop UI offers, IMO.

I wasn't indicating they are editable there, I was suggesting you extract the files and modify them. This might be possible via WebIF >> Diagnostics >> File Editor.

What answer would that be? Some solution which escaped me, or just the answer "no"?
Answer is no... not easily via WebIf.
I know there may be work-arounds but it takes knowledge and time.
I was hoping for an easy solution.

Once Favourites are set up, and when the Backup/Restore works (as it almost completely does now), you just leave them until some possible minor tweak at the next re-tune. So there's no incentive to create an editor front-end beyond what the settop UI offers, IMO.
I was trying to help someone via TeamViewer who isn't familiar with setting favourites whose well in their 80's.

A side-note on the Backup/Restore from them was their Humax would boot up twice.
I established that they did not have (at that time) any more scheduled entries. Seems to indicate to the logic that an update had wiped the schedules so a restore (of nothing) would occur. At least that's my understanding.

A typical case of being excessively economical in the initial explanation. How are we to avoid offering irrelevant "help" if we aren't told the full circumstances?

I was trying to help someone via TeamViewer who isn't familiar with setting favourites whose well in their 80's.
In that case you could definitely have considered massaging a backup from their system with favourites set up on yours, though IIRC it's not entirely trivial.
A side-note on the Backup/Restore from them was their Humax would boot up twice.
I established that they did not have (at that time) any more scheduled entries. Seems to indicate to the logic that an update had wiped the schedules so a restore (of nothing) would occur. At least that's my understanding.
Definitely happens and should be fixed when a new version of anything gets released. In this case it's the auto-schedule-restore package.

Back