media button and video menu failure

elmsvendor

Hi

Originally posted this in wrong forum. On my HDR Fox T2 I cannot get at the list of recordings on HDD to play anything back. Through music or photos menu I can use the blue button to get to storage and can list contents of an external drive but cannot play files; the HDD listing has no contents and says free storage not available. Attempting to open video files or switching to HDD fails reverting to current live programme. Has my hard drive died?

Has my hard drive died?
No. Just one partition has gone read-only.
Install the customised firmware and follow the fix-disk procedure (search the Forum or the Wiki).
If you don't want to do that, then format the drive and lose all your recordings.

No. Just one partition has gone read-only.
Install the customised firmware and follow the fix-disk procedure (search the Forum or the Wiki).
If you don't want to do that, then format the drive and lose all your recordings.
Hi

Thanks for this - I have downloaded and installed the firmware and tried to run fixdisk but message comes back "unable to find disk - terminated". This does not sound good...

Thanks for this - I have downloaded and installed the firmware and tried to run fixdisk but message comes back "unable to find disk - terminated".
Oh, I thought you said you could access Music and Photos, but now I re-read it I see you couldn't.
This does not sound good...
You're right there. But is it the disk or the Humax? Your best best is to take the disk out of the box and see if another one works in it, if you have one. If not, try the existing disk on a (preferably Linux) PC and see if that is discovered. You won't be able to read it on Windows and whatever you do don't allow it to format/write to the disk.

Hi

Linux machine cannot see the disk so I guess its's replace and start again. Thanks for your help - much appreciated.

Back