Media & File Servers for the Foxsat HDR

1 - Does Raydons media server software install on all Foxsat versions of firmware

AFAIK Using the current raydon's bundle 4.0.4 it will overwrite an old Humax Foxsat HDR firmware with the current Humax firmware 1.00.17.

If you are trying to use an older Raydon's Bundle version with an older Humax firmware I don't know what would happen.

3 - Once Raydon's software is installed on the Foxsat can it easily be removed if the box needed repairing under warranty

I'm pretty sure that it's easy to get the Humax back to a factory state. You have to delete two a folder and then reflash the Humax Foxsat Firmware.
Take a look at this post and this one.

Take a look at the readme that comes with the bundle it has a lot of helpful info in it.

Thanks for the info

I've now installed the media and server bundle and it all works well, but I'm not sure about a couple of things and would appreciate if anyone can answer my questions.

I can see my Foxsat files on a Samsung TV (in a different room, via the network) and can open photos and music but cannot play the Foxsat's TS video files . The TV states format not supported.

I know I could download the ts files and convert them to a format the Samsung can recognise, but is there anything I can do to get the Samsung to stream the recorded programs directly from the Foxsat in their original format. I was hoping, with this package, I could watch recorded TV on my Samsung, as well as on my main TV (a panasonic, which also cannot play the ts files)

I've installed twonky media and mediatomb but could someone please point me to a step by step guide that shows how to upload files to the Foxsat (after they've been produced by AV2HDR)

Could someone also please let me know how I can stream ts files from the PVR to my computer (for playing via VLC - which I know can play ts files)

Thanks for any help

Tony

I've installed twonky media and mediatomb but could someone please point me to a step by step guide that shows how to upload files to the Foxsat (after they've been produced by AV2HDR)
I think you should only have one or the other of these two. They do the same thing.

that may explain your problems in 1

If twonky doens't work with your samsung try media tomb. If that doesn't fix your issue in 1 you might be able to configure twonky or Media Tomb to "map" the .ts format to mpeg2. Its a bit technical and I'm not 100% sure how to do it. I came across the idea here.

Could someone also please let me know how I can stream ts files from the PVR to my computer (for playing via VLC - which I know can play ts files)

Install Samba for that. [You can have that installed at the same time as one of the above]

I can see my Foxsat files on a Samsung TV (in a different room, via the network) and can open photos and music but cannot play the Foxsat's TS video files . The TV states format not supported
Are you trying to watch SD or HD recordings. It appears that as the HD recordings are encrypted, you can only play them back on the Hummy. Aparantly if you record HD in non freesat mode, they are not encrypted.

I want to watch SD programmes recorded on the foxsat - my pc pings it, Raydon's software can see the files, but I can't work out how to stream the TS files onto my PC. Checking the web interface I have installed Samba media twonky and media tomb. I've worked out how to stream them - just can't stream

On another issue I have - I've installed AV2HDR, have converted a file and it has produced the three files that the foxsat needs, but the FTP button doesn't appear, i.e. Av2HDR reports "all processing complete" but nothing else happens. The correct FTP port is set up in settings so I'd appreciate if anyone can tell me why the files are not transferring - I also tried ticking auto transfer

Back