Media mistakes

everthewatcher

Forum Supporter
On the subject of seeing spelling errors on things you're not reading a few posts back, I spotted this while looking up something on a local trading estate.

EEPhil

Number 28
On the subject of seeing spelling errors on things you're not reading a few posts back, I spotted this while looking up something on a local trading estate.
Is this a real spelling mistake or a problem caused by Google merging pictures? The van looks a bit of a funny shape.

af123

Administrator
Staff member
Is this a real spelling mistake or a problem caused by Google merging pictures? The van looks a bit of a funny shape.
Yes, it's a merge artefact - if you go forwards one hop and zoom back in, it's fine (and on the front of the van)

1657965864155.png

everthewatcher

Forum Supporter
Yes, I realised it was a merging artefact - the 'two' letter Ls aren't parallel for a start. My point was that there's part of the brain that can spot errors like this when you're not consciously looking for them.

prpr

Here's another couple, one from this morning and the other from Monday evening.
You'd have thought stuff like this would be pre-programmed or at least composed from selectable list items, but it would appear not.
IMG_1531.jpgIMG_1532.jpg

EEPhil

Number 28
I thought you weren't a fan?
I'm not a fan of mixing up Secret Army and 'Allo 'Allo. One takes WW2 and the escape lines seriously, the other is just a farce (in the proper sense). I'm perfectly happy to watch either.

EEPhil

Number 28
From the depths of twitter, a Mirror editor tweeted:
Kevin Maguire said:
BREAKING: UK economy shrank -0.1% over April, May and June this year.
Johnson’s Boosterism was a Con job.
Isn't that an  expansion of 0.1%?