Missing channels

smiffy449

Hopefully you can help. I can receive almost all of the freesat channels except the following :

127 - 4 seven - no or bad signal
157 - davenport - no or bad signal
158 - drama - no or bad signal
159 - yesterday - no or bad signal
160 - really - no or bad signal
166 - home - no or bad signal
167 - quest - no or bad signal
168 - quest +1 - no or bad signal
169 - quest red - no or bad signal
170 - quest red +1 - no or bad signal

I am using a humax foxsat hdr freesat box and am getting a good signal on all the other channels and my post code is en10 6dw .
Thanks

It's possible that you have lost the high band switching as most of the channels you have mentioned are high band, and both H & V polarisation.
But, if that is the case, you should have lost more channels than that.
Have a look at the list of programmes on 28.2E HERE and work out what's acually missing. There is no need to post a full list. My guess is that you are missing all transponders above 11.7GHx although I can't explain 4 seven.

There are 4 'modes'
Low band Horizontal
Loow band Vertical
High band Horisontal
High band Vertical
Lo band is 10.7GHz to 11.7GHz
Hi band is 11.7GHz to 12.75GHz
Try to work out what's missing in terms of H/L and V/H

127 - 4 seven - no or bad signal 11127.00 V
157 - davenport - no or bad signal Can't find it, never heard of it.
158 - drama - no or bad signal 12129.00 V
159 - yesterday - no or bad signal 12129.00 V
160 - really - no or bad signal 12129.00 V
166 - home - no or bad signal 12129.00 V
167 - quest - no or bad signal 12382.00 H
168 - quest +1 - no or bad signal 12382.00 H
169 - quest red - no or bad signal 12382.00 H
170 - quest red +1 - no or bad signal 12382.00 H

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply. I was wondering about the highband as we used to be able to view the quest channels before they moved to 12382.00H!

Basically we get all channels from 101 up until 127 then in between until 157 then all channels after 170.

If it's highband switching, is there a fix?

Thanks.

Assuming it is the switching (and that doesn't seem definite at the moment), the problem is either in the Foxsat or in the LNB.

@BH. You missed out the coax :roflmao:

@smiffy449
The channel numbers that you have quoted have little bearing on the sat transponder. They are LCNs or logical channel numbers dished out by Freesat and are pretty random when compared with the transmitted frequency/polarisation.
You need to find the actual sat frequency and polarisation of the programmes that you are not receiving from the link that I gave you to determine whether there is a general problem (for example) there are no programmes received on High band or none on Horizontal etc.
If it's highband switching, is there a fix?
The first thing is to find out what's missing.
As BH said, it's the Foxsat or the LNB. LNB's are fairly cheap and easy to replace if you have easy access to the dish.

@smiffy449 Ignore this. I am trying to wind BH up.
Did you nor see my smiley BH. I could have mentioned the mains cable as well.
Water in coax causing HF cutoff?

Thanks. Would have been nice if he had told us.
I'll leave him to humax.org then.

He's got the attention of GLT and REPASSAC so couldn't be in safer hands.

Thanks for your help guys...am new to all this, so put out my question on the other forum too. I'll try and access the lnb and check to see if it's feasible to change it.

Pointless changing the LNB if the problem really is a water-soaked downlink - you need to check for that first. I qualified post 4 with an "assuming".

As it seems that you have not lost the entire high band (or have you?), then it is less likely to be the LNB. Check for water in the coax before anything else and interference from HDMI cables (Unplug them both ends)
Be especially suspect if the coax is old air spaced (about 6 air channels running up it) as this type is quite well known for letting in water at the top end and it siphoning/running down the channels and destroying the tuner in the Foxsat. (look into the F connector. You should be able to tell if it is air spaced or foam).
If you have tio change the LNB, the job is easy peasy on a Sky dish (although I don't think you have said you have one)

As it seems that you have not lost the entire high band (or have you?), then it is less likely to be the LNB. Check for water in the coax before anything else and interference from HDMI cables (Unplug them both ends)
Be especially suspect if the coax is old air spaced (about 6 air channels running up it) as this type is quite well known for letting in water at the top end and it siphoning/running down the channels and destroying the tuner in the Foxsat. (look into the F connector. You should be able to tell if it is air spaced or foam).
If you have tio change the LNB, the job is easy peasy on a Sky dish (although I don't think you have said you have one)
Brilliant, thanks to everyone for their support. I will check all this out and hopefully that will restore the missing channels.

Thanks for your help guys...am new to all this, so put out my question on the other forum too.
I don't know why people appear to get so cross about that. We don't like the same post appearing in several places on the same forum, but I see no harm in asking the same question on different forums - how is one supposed to know it isn't reaching a different audience (and even if there are some members in common, a lot won't be)?

The only thing you could have done better is to have posted a link to the query in the other forum, but very new members can't do that anyway. Members of both forums should know it's in both places without being told.

I don't know why people appear to get so cross about that.
Not me, I hope. I was just saying that he had two experts 'on board' in the other forum so would leave it to them. (but didn't)
Members of both forums should know it's in both places without being told.
But I,m not a member of the other forum (perhaps I will be shortly. EDIT: I am now:)), so it wasn't until Luke pointed it out etc. etc. ;)

Truth is just that....We've checked the cable and had a satellite guy out to check the cabling and to check it was shielded correctly. However, as we've had a lot of rain this winter, I was just saying that we would check it out again.

Back