Missing channels

Lilmizzgill

some of my channels were saying not receiving a signal or signal to weak ,and my recordings haven't recorded cause of it when I did a signal test 1, 2 and 3 all said 0% checked all wires all ok turned on and off , so then did a automatic channel retune and now no 1 is atv76% strengh , but all the channels that had poor signal have gone so i can't watch itvbe any more and others fvp 5000t box

And? Your post appears to be a statement without asking any question to be answered.

Presuming you want some advice what to do, you will need to provide more information. First of all, we will want to check there is no reason your TV reception has not been affected by external factors - the 700MHz clearance programme for example:

1. Does your TV pick up all the services you think you are missing on the 5000T?

2. Which transmitter do you receive from? If you need help working that out, see https://hummy.tv/forum/link-forums/freeview-coverage-checker.41/. Enter your Postcode and House Number or Name. Click "Check", then scroll down the resulting page to see the transmitters which serve your area. If there is more than one, you will need to look at which way your aerial is pointing.

And exactly which channels are weak/gone? (My money is that it's it's mostly com7)

We need more clues to offer any help. It would be helpful if you give some (even vague) idea of your location. How long had the signal been a problem before you retuned? If it had only just occurred before your post (01:55) be aware that there might have been engineering works on the local transmitter (or even a power cut [edit: at the transmitter]). What happens if you retune now? (I'd follow Black Hole's point 2 - and manually retune to the transmitter).
My money is that it's it's mostly com7
Don't think ITVBe is on COM7.

Last edited:
Back