moved from BT Home Hub to SKY Router

Bluedonkey99

Hello

I've had a read around and search for sky router issues but cant find anything that matches my issue.

I recently changed houses and internet suppliers and so have gone from a many happy years of being able to access my Humax HDr-FOX-T2 running the custom firmware to having restricted access.

I can no longer get the custom PHP interface up on my pc since the change over, obviously I have taken into account the change in IP addresses and still not joy.

Oddly, I can FTP to the Humax, but no customised menu via the browser (i have tried Chrome, IE and FF).
I suspect it probably some setting or policy on the SKY Router, does anyone have any suggestions that might help?

Regards
Martin

OP
B

Bluedonkey99

Hi mihaid

I looked at the system menu on the T2. as I indicated it must be the right IP as I can FTP the box, however when I try and access via the browser I dont get the custom php menus that I used to get.

Regards
BD99

mihaid

I'm not quite sure what your php menus are. If you put http://192.168.0.2/ or whatever your ip is, you don't get the main page in webif? Do you still have the customised firmware on the T2?

OP
B

Bluedonkey99

Sorry, I yes the webif (use php) interface doesn't come up.
I havent uninstalled webif, is there a way to check its still there?
Does it need to be reconfigured if the IP on the T2 changes?

regards
Martin

mihaid

When you turn T2 off wait until orange ring, or click of HDD. Turn it back on do you get customised firmware on the T2 scrolling display?

OP
B

Bluedonkey99

Mihad

Bit of a doh! moment, you hit the nail on the head "somehow" the custom firmware had disappeared - i figure at a some time prior to the move. I habe reinstalled the latest verision and all is hunky dory.
Thanks for the assistance.

regards
martin

OP
B

Bluedonkey99

Blackhole
I think that would be the cause, I'd thought I had turned off OTA updates - however, I do recall a big retune and in hindsignt thats probably whats blown it!?
It probably hasnt help buying/moving house, you tend to take your eye off a few things in the process.

Thanks again
Martin