Moving (copying) recording

Sargan

I know I can copy a recording onto a USB stick.

I have a 3 part Q ......... loads of films and series on my PVR .... and I do a lot of travel, would be good to load some of these onto my iPad to watch while travelling.

#1 Can I download the files direct to my iPad ? if so how

#2 PVR is connected to PC, I can browse the media files - if i click on file name and then on url in properties I can save to PC .... is there a quicker way .... in media file viewer there is the 'select box' but having selected a number of films does not seem to be a download option

#3 any such file I assume will be a TS stream .............. so assume I need to convert to MP4/AAC with Avidemux

Last edited:
As I have custom firmware installed and routinely decrypt the recordings, and have the samba package installed, I can use an iOS app "File Explorer Pro" to connect to the HDR-FOX across my home network as if it were a NAS, and can navigate its file system. I can copy (decrypted) .ts files into File Explorer's local storage, and play them.

Unfortunately the result doesn't have the correct aspect ratio.

File Explorer Pro can also copy things into the camera roll, but not a .ts recording which is rejected as incompatible. Ditto recordings that have been converted to .mpg using the CF facilities.

If all this is news to you, you need to get reading about what the CF has to offer.

I do have CF installed ( I desribed using in in step #3)
I found a solution .... installed VLC on ipad and simply drop .ts files (from PVR) and they play happily on iPad without conversion.

Would still be interested to know if I can select a few boxes (there is a tick box) and copy .... rather than have to open up properties of each and then click on url and then download.

I do have CF installed ( I desribed using in in step #3)
That's not clear, and this is not posted in the CF section. Neither do I understand what you mean by "simply drop .ts files (from PVR)" - more explanation of the steps and processes you are using is needed.

I forgot about VLC. Although I can get VLC on iOS to access the HDR-FOX by DLNA, I haven't worked out what stops it accessing the SMB port (NAS). However, it does play with the correct aspect ratio, and it can be used to download recordings to the iPad (albeit one by one).

File Explorer can download a batch via SMB, and then copy to VLC for playing.

Back