Moving house and my son's recorder

Barry Jarvis

Hi,

My son recently moved to a new house and fired up his Foxsat their once he arrived. The house had a digital aerial already installed in the roof but different to the one in his previous place. It worked straight away but certain channels were poor reception so I thought we should do a new install and check the quality of reception. When we went through Menu - System we found "Installation" was not available i.e. not highlighted to us for selection to do anything including factory reset. Anyone know why this is? How do we override to get the unit to detect what might be a different strength aerial and adapt? Thanks for any advice, could not find how to do this in the handbook.

Huh?
A Foxsat is satellite, with a dish outside.
An aerial in the loft (no such thing as a 'digital' aerial) connects to a terrestrial (Freeview) box.

Installation is greyed out if a recording operation is in progress - scheduled recording or time-shift. Could that have been the case?

Installation is greyed out if a recording operation is in progress - scheduled recording or time-shift. Could that have been the case?
Hi af123, thanks for your reply. If the unit is set up to make recordings in the future would this prevent "Installation"? It was not recording at the moment when we tried to use this feature.

We are still not certain which unit you have, hence cannot advise without making assumptions.

Back