Moving saved media files to a new FVP-5000T 500GB

jon99

Hi I've got the customised firmware on my HDR Fox T2.
Ive got a lot of saved files that I want to transfer to the FVP-5000T 500GB when I get it.
can anybody advise please?
1. do I need to decrypt all files or only HD ?
2. how to I get them off the HDR Fox T2 for a start and if its possible, on to the new FVP-5000T 500GB

You can use the webif to save the source video files, or FTP them to your PC. Would seem the only way is to convert your files to a compatible h264.mp4 files, then transfer to the 5000T

See this thread.

https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/a-me...ngs-on-the-5000t-difficult.10239/#post-155801

Hope it helps.

Just noticed the raw decrypted .ts file can also be used.
Not sure that thread is helpful (and I started that thread!). That thread is meant as a way to decrypt HiDef files that are already on the 5000T.
If I understand correctly, the OP is wanting to move files from a Fox-T2 to a 5000T. All the files being moved, either StdDef or HiDef have to be decrypted. You can only use ftp to transfer from the Fox-T2 to your PC if the files have been decrypted in some way using the CF on the Fox-T2. (Don't ask me how, I don't have a Fox-T2).
You can place many types of video file in the "Download Folder" on the 5000T. Enable it by pressing [F] on the remote. Navigate to Settings/Advanced Settings/File Share/. Make sure FTP Server is ON and goto Download Folder and tick the box. You can then ftp files from your PC to the folder if you know the IP address of your 5000T. Default username is anonymous and password is meant to be your email address but can probably by anything. To find your files and play them from the 5000T to your TV - [F] Media/Video/Downloaded should give you the list (more like thumbnails).

Not sure that thread is helpful (and I started that thread!). That thread is meant as a way to decrypt HiDef files that are already on the 5000T.
If I understand correctly, the OP is wanting to move files from a Fox-T2 to a 5000T. All the files being moved, either StdDef or HiDef have to be decrypted. You can only use ftp to transfer from the Fox-T2 to your PC if the files have been decrypted in some way using the CF on the Fox-T2. (Don't ask me how, I don't have a Fox-T2).
You can place many types of video file in the "Download Folder" on the 5000T. Enable it by pressing [F] on the remote. Navigate to Settings/Advanced Settings/File Share/. Make sure FTP Server is ON and goto Download Folder and tick the box. You can then ftp files from your PC to the folder if you know the IP address of your 5000T. Default username is anonymous and password is meant to be your email address but can probably by anything. To find your files and play them from the 5000T to your TV - [F] Media/Video/Downloaded should give you the list (more like thumbnails).
Yeah having read that thread. The part of use is transferring to 5000T. And i forgot to mention that SD and HD T2 videos require decryption using the CF.
The CF on the T2 has an auto/man decrypt feature that permanently decrypts the video files. They can then be downloaded via the CF web interface or FTP'd to a PC.
The OP would need to test that the raw decrypted T2 .TS file will play once he's FTP'd to the 5000T download folder.
If it does not play, a conversion would need to be done with VideoRedo (Which I also use) to a compatible format for the 5000T.

@jon99 and @EEPhil - The T2 CF with the auto-decrypt web-interface package installed and content sharing on are the basics required to create raw decrypted copies of recordings on the T2.
I believe the decrypt process uses the DNLA server and firmware decrpytion and works something like as follows.
It moves the video and sidecars to be decypted to a folder, then updates the encryption flags in the sidecars.
It then streams the video (HD or SD) via the DNLA. Decrypting the video in the process, to the original location of the video (basically it creates a decrpyted copy of the video), followed by the updated sidecars.
The resultant filesets can be transferred to other T2's, 1800T and 2000T's and they play without any issues.
I would think the 5000T should be able play raw decrypted T2 .TS files without issue.

I believe the decrypt process uses the DNLA server and firmware decrpytion and works something like as follows.
Not exactly, no. Moving files to get them re-indexed is a dodge needed for HDR-1800T onwards (not HDR-FOX).

auto-decrypt web-interface package installed and content sharing on
There is no need to guess, I wrote up chapter and verse: Decryption Guide (click)

auto-unprotect does not auto-decrypt, but you can't decrypt HiDef until the protection is removed. Recursive auto-decrypt is a folder setting within WebIF – if you want to decrypt everything you need auto-unprotect, and recursive auto-decrypt configured on the My Video folder (and there are other ways to skin the cat).

Last edited:
Not exactly, no. Moving files to get them re-indexed is a dodge needed for HDR-1800T onwards (not HDR-FOX).

There is no need to guess, I wrote up chapter and verse: Decryption Guide (click)

auto-unprotect does not auto-decrypt, but you can't decrypt HiDef until the protection is removed. Recursive auto-decrypt is a folder setting within WebIF – if you want to decrypt everything you need auto-unprotect, and recursive auto-decrypt configured on the My Video folder (and there are other ways to skin the cat).
Yeah thanks. Got all that lot setup a long time ago now. Almost take it for granted these days. The following day after a recording i have a fully decrypted recording. (setup to decrypt overnight)

Yeah having read that thread. The part of use is transferring to 5000T.
:rolling: I couldn’t find that when I glanced at the thread - and I wrote it! Age has some odd side effects - new glasses and some memory training required.:oops:

Back