Moving series folders into folders and new recordings

ribrob

I'm sure that previously I used to be able to move a series folder into another folder - says "Kids" for example, and newly recorded episodes of the show would still record to the original series folder, that's now inside "Kids".

But now if i've moved it, a new folder is getting created in the /media/My Video/ folder when a new episode is recorded.

Again, if I move that folder into another folder, the box creates a new folder for the series the next time the show airs.

Is there a setting somewhere I've inadvertently turned off?

Thanks in advance!

Rob

On the Webif (or Remote Scheduling) Schedule page select the series, click on more, and change folder.

Note; You can't use subfolders e.g. kids/peppa , I use sweeper rules to achieve that after recording.

I'm sure that previously I used to be able to move a series folder into another folder - says "Kids" for example, and newly recorded episodes of the show would still record to the original series folder, that's now inside "Kids".
That sounds like Series_Filer which is no longer available. Did you use to have it installed but have removed it?
https://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Custom_Firmware_Package_Notes#Series_Filer

As MymsMan has stated, moving recordings to subfolders can be achieved through sweeper rules.
There is a template for this available:
Sweeper Series_Filer.JPG

That sounds like Series_Filer which is no longer available. Did you use to have it installed but have removed it?
Ah yes i was using that - i installed a new HD, and reinstalled everything afresh.

I hadn't clocked that was no longer available. Shame it was very straightforward.

I'll take a look at Sweeper, looks powerful!

Thanks both!

https://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Custom_Firmware_Package_Notes#Series_Filer

As MymsMan has stated, moving recordings to subfolders can be achieved through sweeper rules.
There is a template for this available:
View attachment 5295

Again, if I move that folder into another folder, the box creates a new folder for the series the next time the show airs.
It is possible to direct that an existing scheduled series recording is made in a specific folder: see WebIF >> Schedule >> More >> Change Folder. A non-series recording cannot be redirected this way, nor can a series recording be made anywhere other than 1 folder deep.

Moving an existing folder to a different level simply breaks the link and it won't be found, therefore a new folder is created for the next recording.

As said above, sweeper is now the go-to tool for redistributing recordings according to user-defined criteria, and replaces the functionality of series-filer, flatten, newk...

Back