Multi-Select "Mark As New"

phd

Hi, Is there an easy way to select multiple files and run the "Mark as new" option to reset the yellow flag on programs.
I can do it one file at a time using the Web Interface, but it take ages when trying to reset dozens of files!
It would be good if it could be done via web I/f, but command line might be an alternative option with some script?

Thanks for any help...

Sweeper rules can test/set/clear flags, so if you can identify some subset of recordings matching the ones you wish to mark as new, you could use that. Very easy if you want to mark all of them!

Obs this is a "do nothing" rule:
1727115167961.png

Reactions: phd
Many thanks, that worked great:
If Recording flag not set as New then Set Recording flag as New. (On Folder)
Job done!

It would be good if it could be done via web I/f
It's been on the to-do list for ages, but things are slow.
You can always do it via command line using the "hmt +new <filename>" command, or as you have done.

It's been on the to-do list for ages, but things are slow.
You can always do it via command line using the "hmt +new <filename>" command, or as you have done.
A sweeper rule for this is so quick and easy to define that it almost seams pointless to clutter the OPT+ drop-down list further.

Is there a way to disable the rule once run to stop it resetting all the time?
I thought the "Toggle No Sweep Flag" option, but that didn't stop it.
what is that supposed to do?

Edit: I just found the Disable Rule option, so that's ok.
Still wondering what the flag is supposed to do? Exclusion from higher level rules, maybe?

Last edited:
Exclusion from higher level rules, maybe?
Yes, because rules can be set to act on multiple levels of a directory tree, or a rule at the top acts on all nodes below unless excluded, which can also be achieved by prefixing a folder name with "[". I presume it is unreasonable a root node is never excluded from its own rules!

Back