My Humax is occasionally recording as .ts

clemenzina

This is a fairly new second-hand HCR-Fox T2.

I've noticed it once or twice before but I can't remember if it happened to the same programme, which is on series record.

Programme title in Media - Video:

How to Get Ahead at Renaissance____20200826_0031.ts
00:32 26/08

The thumnail shows a strip of film with a lightning signal superimposed, with AVI beside it.

Play button results in a box "Cannot support this file format" and an OK to get rid of it.

The same programme is in a folder at the top of my list, it has the expected thumbnail and the regular programme info - time, date, duration, channel -but it's unplayable. Oh! and "HD Enc" on the right - I have custom firmware and none of my other recordings have Enc on them.

It's not the end of the world as long as it doesn't get to be a habit - but I wonder if anyone knows why this has happened?

The associated .hmt file has gone AWOL for some reason. The Media list display is driven by data in the .hmt, without which the Media list displays the actual file name of the media file (as it would for a .mp4 file). The file is unplayable because it is encrypted and without the .hmt the HDR-FOX doesn't know what to do with it.

The solution is to rebuild the sidecar files through the WebIF. It's a bit weird that the .hmt has disappeared.

Oh, I see... (like heck :laugh: )

Thank you, Black Hole, I shall revisit your answer if the problem recurs on something important.

The obvious suspect is some sort of disk or filesystem problem.

If OP has CF, which I recall is the case and would be required for BH's solution, she could try fix-disk as discussed in the other forum and its Wiki.

Otherwise, the disk test from Menu>Settings>System Information>Data Storage could identify any disk-level problems (this option doesn't seem to be in the User Manual and must have been added in a later firmware update from Humax).

However: unless the disk is removed and put it in a USB-SATA caddy (or otherwise) connected to a PC that can boot Linux, you can't identify filesystem issues short of something that prevents the filesystem from being mounted, and the repair option is just to save off any precious contents, reformat the disk, and reload the contents.

I have often seen this, just move (using the remote control) the .ts file into that directory, and it will all work again.

It's caused by the "flatten" system (which moves files out of their own directories and up to the toplevel) not working properly.
It just moves the .ts, not the rest.

I used to use flatten, but never noticed that problem. IIRC it is supposed to move the files as an inseparable set. Is all CF software up to date?

Instead of flatten, I now use sweeper and flatview. IIRC I have flatten running on my supported user's machine, but as she no longer watches anything that might be recorded I don't know if there are problems.

Back