Mystery Screen

Ezra Pound

While trying to test the colour buttons on a repaired remote control I was pressing Red - Green - Yellow - Blue - Green - Yellow - Blue from the main viewing screen* when this message popped up, has anyone seen this screen? does anyone know what it is telling me?

* I am aware that this sequence should be sent from Menu > Settings > System > System Information but this is not what I was doing

DSCN3177s.jpg

I am still trying to reproduce this screen, so far without luck

Any idea what channel you were on? I can't identify it from the screen grab.
My initial thought was that you could have been on a BBC channel and managed to initiate the soon-to-be-gone text service. But that seems unlikely. There are a few other channels that respond to red button presses. Could it have been one of those?

It wasn't a BBC channel, I can't be sure which one it was as I was going through the number buttons e.g. 1 - 2 - 3 - 45 - 67 - 890, the last one doesn't exist so it was either 45 Film4 + 1 or 67 CBS Reality + 1, possibly 89 Together TV + 1, the logo top right was permanently on-screen but I don't remember what it said

Might have cracked it. TBN UK (LCN 65) has moved multiplex. The old version of the channel still exists and has data attached. When I followed your instructions on that channel, I got this:
2019-12-20_193018_1.gif
Slightly different result (from a 2000T). So I think you've triggered the debug on the application that provides a pop-up over the picture to inform viewers of the multiplex change.

Last edited:
Back