Need Help For Extracting Audio From Video

LurlineKulas

Hello friends,

Recently I am encountering a problem while editing a video. I need to extract audio from video. So can anyone suggest some ideas about doing this?

You've provided no information what platform you want to do this on. As this is the Hummy forum I'll presume HDR-FOX, but frankly you can download and run ffmpeg on anything running Windows or Linux.

If you want to just "rip" the audio track as-is (no re-encoding):
Code:
ffmpeg -i <input file> -vn -acodec copy <output file>

...or you can ensure a specific audio format (re-encoding if necessary) by omitting -acodec copy and including the appropriate file extension in the output filename (ffmpeg will assume the target format from context).

Re-encoding will take a long time on the HDR-FOX, but it's do-able (audio only; don't try video re-encoding). If you want speed, use a PC.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/9913032/how-can-i-extract-audio-from-video-with-ffmpeg

NB: Sensible reply given on the presumption it was a sensible and legitimate question, and for the benefit of search hits. See below.

Last edited:
If you have the video on PC and don't want to mess with ffmpeg, then Media Human Audio Converter will do the job in Windows or Sound Converter in Linux. Both free. I can't really imagine why I'd ever want to do this on a Humax.

I can't really imagine why I'd ever want to do this on a Humax.
I can't imagine why anyone would join the Hummy forum to ask this about anything other than a Humax. OP's first post, and I smell an ulterior motive.

Last edited:
So we have someone who claims to be from the USA but is using an IP address in India, a Software engineer who is a music evangelist and Web trailblazer but has never come across any software program what can extract audio from a video file ?, the evidence is stacking up isn't it

Lurline.jpg

On a duckduckgo search of Lurline Kulas the first result is a census site thats says there are 7 with that name in the US and the second result is from a site called name-fake.com :roflmao: "Fake name generator > United States > Lurline Kulas. Fake Name Generator. Gender. Male: 50 % Female: 50 % Age. 19 - 57 years old"
Just to add a final nail to its coffin Lurline is a girls name.

Last edited:
I think you may have missed the word file, AH, you was refering to the OP ?
Pedantic I know but yes, and the Stack Overflow link quoted as well actually.

I’m off now to try and extract blood from a stone… 😀

Last edited:
Back