Network file transfer = corrupt ts file

El Shiftos

I have recorded numerous SD programs, all of which playback fine on the HDR and on a PC when I copy them to a USB stick using the HDR. However, when I transfer them to the PC using an FTP client or the Web-if 'OPT+' download function, the files become corrupt and Mediainfo can't read them.

I have Betaftp installed and the HDR FTP server turned off.
Web interface version: 1.3.0-4
Custom firmware version: 3.10 (build 2734)
Humax Version: 1.03.12 (kernel HDR_CFW_3.10)
Loader Version: a7.34

Thanks

Unless the CF is set to decrypt them in situ, then copying by FTP will not decrypt the content. Copying to USB decrypts in the process.

Ah ok, it's been a while since I've done this so I'm learning all over again.

SD recordings can only be decrypted by copying to an external drive
HD recordings can be decrypted by install the auto-unprotect package

I can't see any packages or options to decrypt SD recordings on the fly so I'm assuming the above is correct, yes?

Thanks

No, not quite, copying to external drive is only one of many ways to get both SD and Hi-Def files decrypted. Have a look a the WiKi page on Encryption (Decryption options) (Click HERE), Important notes on that page include :-

All Custom Firmware decryption requires DLNA to be enabled, Content Sharing must be turned on in the Humax menus (Menu >> Settings >> System >> Internet Settings)

and

The DEC flag must be present if the Files are to be copied off the Humax via FTP, It is also required for other Custom Firmware functions such as :- Extract Audio, Extract to MPG etc.

Ah ok, it's been a while since I've done this so I'm learning all over again.

SD recordings can only be decrypted by copying to an external drive
HD recordings can be decrypted by install the auto-unprotect package

I can't see any packages or options to decrypt SD recordings on the fly so I'm assuming the above is correct, yes?

Thanks
See Things Every... (click) section 5.

Back